Hearing partners always angry/frustrated

My guy is hearing. He has been nothing but compasionate and understanding towards my deafness. He is learning ASL and whatnot. Paitence on both ends is the key to a good relationship.

I still love my woman, its just the frustration that she's hearing. She knows sign ( well learning more) no official classes yet. I mostly taught her what I could. She doesn't have Deaf culture understanding as much as she thinks she does. Though we fight and such, doesn't warrant to leave unless she was being abusive which she isn't just annoying the fact that most hearing do not understand or sympathize our culture's hardship. that's all.

trust me. it's time to move on. I know the feeling and it's not worth it in the long run.

think of this way - the amount of times you spend with fighting and getting frustrated with her is better spent with a very understanding girl (hearie or deafie... ASL is a plus) and think of how much life and memories you'll have.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

True. Staying with the wrong person keeps you from meeting the right person. You deserve better than that.

That might be the case often, but not always... please don't judge all hearing people this way. I am completely hearing, but just because I was born that way doesn't mean that I am angry and treat others who don't have the ability to hear in a rude manner. Many kind hearing people I know, and myself are very patient and willing to learn and converse with non-hearing individuals. Just because people were born(or became) different, doesn't mean that they can't be friends or even be in relationships. Everyone is a human, and there is NO such thing as one being who is "better" than another human being just because of the way they were born. It all depends on the person, their patience, their attitude, and their outlook on life.

Life has no limits, only obstacles that build you up to a successful future.

But to answer your question, nothing. You didn't do anything (and no one ever did) to deserve something that horrible. Everyone deserves better than that :)

(I really don't mean to offend, and if I did... I apologize for that! )

That might be the case often, but not always... please don't judge all hearing people this way. I am completely hearing, but just because I was born that way doesn't mean that I am angry and treat others who don't have the ability to hear in a rude manner. Many kind hearing people I know, and myself are very patient and willing to learn and converse with non-hearing individuals. Just because people were born(or became) different, doesn't mean that they can't be friends or even be in relationships. Everyone is a human, and there is NO such thing as one being who is "better" than another human being just because of the way they were born. It all depends on the person, their patience, their attitude, and their outlook on life.

Life has no limits, only obstacles that build you up to a successful future.

But to answer your question, nothing. You didn't do anything (and no one ever did) to deserve something that horrible. Everyone deserves better than that :)

(I really don't mean to offend, and if I did... I apologize for that! )

I am not offended by what you posted. You made an excellent and valid point. :)

Can I ask you what it is you love about her?

All I will tell you is simple, love wears no mask. I can take care of myself quite well. I was bringing up a topic in general. My personal life doesn't matter to anyone. Though as example not all hearing people are bad. My fiancee knows sign and understands deaf culture. sometimes she needs to be reminded what it means to be with a Deaf person. That's it. The topic originally was just being broad. No worries it's still a fact.
:ty:

And B.B. you don't deserve to feel frustrated all the time, neither does she. You need to either find a middle ground where you both are making effort to understand the view point of eachother... or you need to assess if the partnership (which is what it should be) is a good fit for the two of you.

We're good thanks. Though we're similar to your statement. The original topic was meant to be broad, general not personal.
all good. :)
:D

It could be their bad day.
It could be unpatience with you.
It could be on drug.

We're good thanks. Though we're similar to your statement. The original topic was meant to be broad, general not personal.
all good. :)
:D

Good :) I'm glad it was meant to be a broad topic. And that you both aren't frustrated all the time. That can be very hard... I've been through that before, and the relationship ended very badly.

for one.. I dated a hearing guy 2nd.. he takes advantage of me cuz I'm deaf i can't hear the phone.. and 3rd.. he's stupid to have roommates living with him if he doesn't have privacy for himself and he complains too much about roommates and they are homeless.. and I like hearing hearing guys cuz they don't sign and yell in my own face.. god.. lol ;) 4th.. hearing guys tend to give me space but wud bug me when need something.. ugh :roll:

If you stay with someone long enough, there are bound to be issues between you occasionally that are frustrating, annoying, baffling. Also wonderful, fun, rewarding... If you're not getting enough of the wonderful, fun, rewarding stuff, then maybe it's time to re-evaluate the relationship.

The hearing/deaf issue is just one thing among many. If your partner/spouse is patient and accommodating most of the time, is that good enough? Everyone has a different standard of "good enough," so that's a personal decision. And what about the other things that come up? Do you agree on how to handle your finances, on who does what around the house, on standards of cleanliness and who is responsible for what parts to keep up those standards?

How people handle frustration tells a lot about them. It's not a crime to feel frustrated and perhaps helpless sometimes; it IS a crime to take it out on the other person in a mean or ill-spirited way. Both partners have some responsibility to figure out solutions to frustrating things in one's marriage.

I know in my case, even though I was adjusting all along to hearing loss growing up, after I got married, hubby and I were adjusting together. Now, he says, that he can deal with my hearing loss as long as I can deal with his brain damage. He was born with brain damage and has a lot of learning problems and I have worked hard with him and helped him to learn ways around a lot of his issues. He is learning more and more about living with no sound, so he understand more what I go through. It's all give and take and mutual acceptance and trust, I think.

that is not easy because sometimes pretty difficult complication! tough frustrated and angry because unfortunately sometimes they tried frustrated. prove truth! sometimes I am pretty aware it It is very research evaluation relationship! hard to how feeling tough!

I understand worlds the people pain suffer because struggle on frustrated hard!

I am dating a hearing guy now.... And it is very frustrating... He tries to work with me but it be times wen he would talk really low and I would have to keep saying huh like a five times.and he would get so irriated that he would shake his head and say nevermind.....he just started using hand.movements that help me out now... Hes patient wit me doe. my ex on the other hand was horrible... Yelling... Making jokes....annd making real bad comments i had to let his ass go.... He was no.gd.... If he makes u feel bad... And dnt seem to understand ur needs then let him go......

Why is it that every hearing person in a relationship with a Deaf/hoh always angry and frustrated at every thing we do? I don't understand and it has gotten to me so much. Why do we deserve it?

If you reply, keep it clean, and respectable thank you.

- B.B.

If I dated someone who was easily frustrated about my deafness, I didn't date them for long but I do have to say that most of my boyfriends took my hearing loss in stride, and they were all hearing.

If I dated someone who was easily frustrated about my deafness, I didn't date them for long but I do have to say that most of my boyfriends took my hearing loss in stride, and they were all hearing.

Yeah same here, the ones who used it against me are gone, the current one I'm engaged to is growing with me

Back