Hearing parent/HOH baby <3

55 db is pretty loud for an SRT. My daughter's is 15 db with her implant. The SRT is the quietest he can recognize speech. 55 db is conversational level, that means that he hears regular speech as a tiny whisper, the quietest he can hear, and that is which his aids. (40 was with aids too?)

I would do follow up testing, see who is right. Even at 40 db, that isn't good enough to be able to access all the sounds of speech.

Yes it was 40db with the aids as well. I have a follow up for both doctors. His audiologist on Dec. 3rd and the ENT on the 10th. I might make another appointment with another audiologist as someone suggested.

I can't remember the abbreviation.. probably got it mixed up. Early intervention program

Yes it was 40db with the aids as well. I have a follow up for both doctors. His audiologist on Dec. 3rd and the ENT on the 10th. I might make another appointment with another audiologist as someone suggested.

audiogram.jpg

So, make a line at 55db (or 40) and anything that is ABOVE it, he can't hear.

I know there is one in Hollywood, Fl, but my audiologist says he has kind of the same views as Balkany. There is also another in Tampa which is a very long drive away.

I know there is one in Hollywood, Fl, but my audiologist says he has kind of the same views as Balkany. There is also another in Tampa which is a very long drive away.

If you decide to do this, which you don't have to do the implant at all as long as he have a language (ASL) , what you can do is have a surgery in Tampa (if they are more open-minded) , then ask transfer his record to your local so he can get mapping locally.

I live in Florida. Broward county.

I live very far away from there! I know there is a Clarke (oral deaf school) school in Florida, but it is in the north part. You could call them and ask if they know about CI centers that you can get in contact with. They might know good therapists as well.

I live very far away from there! I know there is a Clarke (oral deaf school) school in Florida, but it is in the north part. You could call them and ask if they know about CI centers that you can get in contact with. They might know good therapists as well.

I will definitely look it up tomorrow and call!:)

That audiogram is a CI canidate in my area. I would get a second opinion if you want a CI for your son.

That's certainly a different attitude in the bold. And screaming won't really make him hear more.

Not a good idea to hold off on ASL, as he needs some form of language.

Well said. And if she is having to scream, AV therapy will not be terribly successful, either.

Back