Hearing Mom Who Wants to Make Deaf Friends

Nessie

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Nessie. I'm 21 years old, and I have a seven month old son named Sebastian. We are hearing, however, I have a strong desire to learn how to sign. I have worked places where deaf people have come to the cash register and I wasn't able to communicate with them, and deaf people live next door to me and all I was able to say at one point was "Hi". I feel like it's important to teach signing to my son as well. :) So, I figured I may as well make some deaf friends if I'm going to learn, right?! :) Thank you for accepting me into your community!

Hello everyone! My name is Nessie. I'm 21 years old, and I have a seven month old son named Sebastian. We are hearing, however, I have a strong desire to learn how to sign. I have worked places where deaf people have come to the cash register and I wasn't able to communicate with them, and deaf people live next door to me and all I was able to say at one point was "Hi". I feel like it's important to teach signing to my son as well. :) So, I figured I may as well make some deaf friends if I'm going to learn, right?! :) Thank you for accepting me into your community!
I understand exactly how you feel. I think it is a wonderful thing to teach your son. IDK where u live but a lady teaches a sign class here locally and I go once a week, and I have a blast
See if you can find something like that.........

moderately HOH with progressive hearing loss wearing Phonak Audeo S Minis

Great!! when my family moved to a new house, neighbors across street from me took time to learn some ASL. That was back when I was 9 years old. I'm 36 now.

Hello! I'm a hearing mom of two hearing kids, currently enrolled in an interpreter training program. I'm teaching my kids as I learn, it's one of the coolest side effects of the classes. :)

Back