Hearing Impairment Within the Kitchen Environment

When I first became a homeowner some 20 years ago, I found a sink running water, I was convinced my cat did it (really! She was always in the sink) but to this day, I can't be certain it wasn't me who left it running. It kind of morphed into an OCD situation for me to the point that I was constantly checking, double-checking, and triple-checking, and so on to make sure all faucets, fans, lights, etc were off. I did that for a good 10 years until I forced myself to wean off that. I am fine with it now but I still double check the refrigerator and stove whenever I've used them. What exactly about them bothers me, I'm not sure, but...

When I first became a homeowner some 20 years ago, I found a sink running water, I was convinced my cat did it (really! She was always in the sink) but to this day, I can't be certain it wasn't me who left it running. It kind of morphed into an OCD situation for me to the point that I was constantly checking, double-checking, and triple-checking, and so on to make sure all faucets, fans, lights, etc were off. I did that for a good 10 years until I forced myself to wean off that. I am fine with it now but I still double check the refrigerator and stove whenever I've used them. What exactly about them bothers me, I'm not sure, but...

Lol yes I'm doing the same thing what you just describe it. I even drove out of my driveway and thinking if I did turn the water off or etc. I had to drive back into the driveway and rechecking to make they all are set. Or I went to bed and all comfortable set but my mind tells me to re check so I get up and check like OCD. I've been doing it for years

My biggest issue in my house is finding a toilet that has wasting water all day! A solution to that would help any house owner!

My biggest issue in my house is finding a toilet that has wasting water all day! A solution to that would help any house owner!

You call a plumber for that , or lift the tank lid and see if you can stop the water from running.

Lol yes I'm doing the same thing what you just describe it. I even drove out of my driveway and thinking if I did turn the water off or etc. I had to drive back into the driveway and rechecking to make they all are set. Or I went to bed and all comfortable set but my mind tells me to re check so I get up and check like OCD. I've been doing it for years

I used to do that too! I would leave for work, and go right back to check. It's hard when if you don't feel comfortable that everything is off.

Back