Hearing girl looking for Deaf/HoH friends

MirandaH1994

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Miranda. I'm 17 and have been learning ASL since I was 13. My church had a program for deaf people that I now realize was absolutely ridiculous. I had a very good friend in high school who was a HoH CODA. I'm NOT a deaf worshiper. :) I just feel more comfortable around D/deaf people than I do hearing. (As long as the D/deaf person is comfortable with me and my mediocre signing, of course.) I'm not sure why, but I've had a lot of elaborate dreams in ASL here lately. I think that's why I feel more comfortable with signers. Well, anyways, I don't want to tell my whole life story in one post, so I'll end there. :)
Thanks for reading!:wave:

Hi! I'm Miranda. I'm 17 and have been learning ASL since I was 13. My church had a program for deaf people that I now realize was absolutely ridiculous. I had a very good friend in high school who was a HoH CODA. I'm NOT a deaf worshiper. :) I just feel more comfortable around D/deaf people than I do hearing. (As long as the D/deaf person is comfortable with me and my mediocre signing, of course.) I'm not sure why, but I've had a lot of elaborate dreams in ASL here lately. I think that's why I feel more comfortable with signers. Well, anyways, I don't want to tell my whole life story in one post, so I'll end there. :)
Thanks for reading!:wave:

I find the bolded portion above to be rather bizarre. People who
Are d/Deaf are just the same as hearing people- they just access communication and language differently.

CSign- I don't feel that d/Deaf people are any different than me or any hearing person in ability, I just feel more comfortable signing than talking.

To add in ASL is a very visual language. So hence those who are more comfortable with d/Deaf individuals might be those who have issues with verbal communication or perhaps self esteem. Though there are those who have had rare events such as Brain surgery whereas the brain requires itself to rewire to work once again. Once said brain rewires, often times it finds different ways to allow conscious thought to be interpreted by the person. Just a thought.

Yeah. I've got a pretty bad self-esteem. I talk a lot sometimes, but in general, I find it easier to get what I actually mean across in sign rather than spoken English. There are just so many different interpretations of words in spoken English. In sign, I just have to use context to get what I mean across.

Hey! My names David, I'm 17 and I have a bilateral severe to profound hearing loss, so I'm not... All the way deaf. But I sign as well :) Hit me up if you would like to talk sometime :)

Hey I'm 16 and learning ASL and would love to practice and learn more with u guys. Ive taken a class over the summer and learned some on my own so if you wanna skype PM me and we can :)

hey i can skype i am learning asl and would like to continue my skype is annie2570

Back