Hearing Aids: What brands are best?

Just... Popping... I don't know..

Didn't you ask the audiologist ?

You should have received this information while you were there purchasing and picking up hearing aids.

Unless you bought them on ebay or something similar.
oh and i jus got my system this past Christmas i haven't found and audiologist in TN

ok ive had a lot of problems hearing my whole life my mom never listened anyway I went to an ENT when I met the man im now married too bc he said that its not normal and its affecting my son who is now six i got HA from this lady in the ENTs office she wasn't very nice or helpful I had NO IDEA what to get so she jus said ok get this....... I got financial help from a state agency(back in Alabama)((i live in TN now)) i went in to pick them up she hooked them up to a computer adjusted some things then tore up a piece of paper and asked how it sounded........then said i was good to go............

nothing sounds the same to me anymore........ its weird i went 25 years HOH .....IDK

Wow, this is terrible if you've been treated this way. Are you in a small town, are you able to to get to a bigger city with an audiologist?

Failing that, I think you need to go back to the office you got the hearing aids and have them take a look at them and to sort your problems out.

Just... Popping... I don't know..

Didn't you ask the audiologist ?

You should have received this information while you were there purchasing and picking up hearing aids.

Unless you bought them on ebay or something similar.

Bottesini, you are in the same city as me. Have you ever been to an audiologist called Tysklind? He was with Lutheran, but now moved to the new clinic at Methodist where they are setting up shop and going big.

Bottesini, you are in the same city as me. Have you ever been to an audiologist called Tysklind? He was with Lutheran, but now moved to the new clinic at Methodist where they are setting up shop and going big.

No sorry I haven't, reading what you have written, I guess he would be a good one to avoid?
Edited to add, will your insurance not cover you at Mercy?

No sorry I haven't, reading what you have written, I guess he would be a good one to avoid?
Edited to add, will your insurance not cover you at Mercy?

I call him Institutionalized. He seemed to have alot of medicaid patients there too. However, I can't avoid him because my insurance is now covering aids and they are the only audiologists they have in network! I have been going to Mercy before this, but I can't turn down deal as the insurance will pay 80% after a $4000 deductible and right now, we have about that sitting in our acct as my husband's employer has gifted it to us as well as $1200 was brought across from last year, so basically they will be almost free for me.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm paying and I have Phonak for 9 years and they have been wonderful for me.

Well I don't have any choice from this audiologist as he said Oticon or give me a good argument so I did try on the Phonak Audeo Q mini RIC (and I only just learnt what that is) and I loved the open feel of them, and they were so tiny I am worried it would get lost and I wouldn't know it.

Just have to see the Audi to see if he will agree to this model as it was the private audiologist with Hearing Planet that recommended it as she said you can add pieces if your hearing gets worse.

if you want to go nuts for Oticon, go 4 it. anyone can have good preferences :)

Back