hearing aid cost

and for me, my Oticons was about $227 of where I am LOL

LOL I could have gone that route.. but ew government. Wait for hearing test. Wait for results. Submit form with results. Wait for approval. And on top of that, I have to go to the audis they prescribe, and get the aids they prescribe, no choices at all :P And then I'd probably not be able to go back for any subsequent visits, unlike now, when I can just walk in any time during office hours and hook up my aids to their programmer :)

Last edited:
Oc318 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarfarigirl2011

and for me, my Oticons was about $227 of where I am LOL

LOL I could have gone that route.. but ew government. Wait for hearing test. Wait for results. Submit form with results. Wait for approval. And on top of that, I have to go to the audis they prescribe, and get the aids they prescribe, no choices at all And then I'd probably not be able to go back for any subsequent visits, unlike now, when I can just walk in any time during office hours and hook up my aids to their programmer

I'm going through that long drawn out process Tuesday. I'm applying foe different foundations and going to the VR in the mean time

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Insurance is currently being difficult, but if I get the coverage I'm supposed to (90% after $500 deductible) then my projected 6800 pair will run me 1130.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

There are many things that will affect prices of hearing aid as they vary by state and insurance. Blue Cross is now covering *I think* up to $6k a purchase, up from only $2k when I bought my Starkeys in 2011. However, coverage varies greatly by insurance too and once you buy, you have to wait three or so years, whatever the restrictions are on your insurance, to buy again with coverage. HA bought in CA will differs from the prices in MA or NY so you can't go by people on the forum; you'll get a ball park figure but not an exact price. You need to ask around and do a lot of comparison shopping. With me, Widex was worth the money - I just wish I went with my gut and went back to the woman I trusted. I could have had coverage and not be stuck with a brand that just didn't work. Happily, the next time I buy, I won't be taking such a financial hit. IMO, insurance companies should cover the full cost of the hearing aids. It's like making someone pay for their own surgery (which I've done too). If you're paying for health coverage, they should actually cover expenses as needed. Otherwise, why the Hell are we paying so much for insurance we can't use......

Mine cost $7000 for the pair and i had to pay the whole amount :(

Lol with the price of them being so high I need the right ones to start off with. unless they have a trail run and money back guarantee.

Hearing Aid sellers are legally required to give you a trial period (usually 3-8weeks) before you have to commit to them.

It's ALWAYS a good idea to try a few different makes and models before you choose one - everyone's hearing is different and everyone interprets the sounds they hear differently ... only YOU will know what sounds best for you and the only way to do that is try multiple HAs :)

Make sure you go through a proper Audiologist who can offer multiple brands - NOT a "Hearing Aid Dispenser"

Hi-I got my HA at costco. My hubby works for them. Our insurance covers $1000 for HA's every 4 years. I only got one for my "good ear" as I didn't have the money to buy the pair at the time. I will say they have been great. Excellent return policy (3 year warranty) free follow up exams, free tubing and ear piece(not the full mold though. extra for that but I don't have it so not sure how much) Anyways, just thought I'd through that info out there. Have a great day :)

Back