Having the most money isn't the best

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Think of all basketball, football, and hockey teams that will be under salary cap when free agency comes up. You see, one team may be $7 million under salary cap. Other team may be only $2 million under salary cap. Very often players would prefer to play for less money.

Sometimes, I feel it may be similar to dating. You see, one guy may have $100 to take a woman out for the night. Other guy may have only $30 to take a woman out. Who would the woman prefer to go out with ?

I'm just saying that more money isn't always the best.

Correct, however:

Any woman that turns you down because you won't take her out to an expensive place is not worth your time.

My parents found out the hard way that having money to spend only brings brief moments of happiness, and having a lot of possessions does not bring as much happiness as spending time with grandchildren & family.

If someone is buying me dinner, that's awesome :)

I don't really care for money too much...I mean, I want enough of it to take care of my way of life (rent, bills, food, the occasional night out with friends) but that's about it. If someone spent $100 on dinner for me and was a jerk, I'd say "thank you" and wouldn't see them again BUT if someone spent like $30 on dinner for me and was good company, I'd absolutely want to see them again, because I liked them, not how much they spent...to me, it's not really attractive when someone is very focused on making a lot of money...I wouldn't want to date a doctor who became a doctor for the money, but one that became one solely for helping people...

Quality of Conversation and how well you both connect over dinner is more important than the dollar amount spent.

I want money to spend time traveling with my family for more quality time.

I want money to spend time traveling with my family for more quality time.

I need to learn how to save money for vacation to Southern IL to visit family, so I don't have to rely on family for things I'd like to buy. Last summer I had success doing that, but last December? No such luck, and I'm gonna try again this summer or fall to save money for my next vacation down there.

Quality of Conversation and how well you both connect over dinner is more important than the dollar amount spent.

If it's too noisy in a restaurant I have trouble hearing people , so I would rather have a nice quite dinner at home.

I don't care where we go for dinner, even if it is just a little place that is very inexpensive. It really is the thought and gesture that counts in the end. :)

I don't care where we go for dinner, even if it is just a little place that is very inexpensive. It really is the thought and gesture that counts in the end. :)

If I had a choice, I'd take someone to Old Country Buffet in Lincolnwood, IL. Just one of my options up in the northern parts of Cook County.

Cool! Let's go hit McDonald's dollar menu then!!! :D

Be sure to buy Mew this.... ;)

mcflurry1.jpg

Cool! Let's go hit McDonald's dollar menu then!!! :D

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! OMG That looks AMAZING RIGHT NOW!!! :twisted:

My fiance and i have gone to dates and sometimes i even pay for everything cuz hr doesnt havr moey that day. Imfine with that. Plus sometimes its more fun to do something cheap thean an expensive thing. Im not sayin i wont laye the expensive plavr thoight.

When I go on dates before, we agreed that I pay my part and she takes her turn to pay her part to be fair with each other. It just shows one another that both are not to be taken advantage of and to show respect for each other. :)

My fiance and i have gone to dates and sometimes i even pay for everything cuz hr doesnt havr moey that day. Imfine with that. Plus sometimes its more fun to do something cheap thean an expensive thing. Im not sayin i wont laye the expensive plavr thoight.

When I go on dates before, we agreed that I pay my part and she takes her turn to pay her part to be fair with each other. It just shows one another that both are not to be taken advantage of and to show respect for each other. :)

It does sound good. We usually pay half and half or take turns. But if one doesnt have the money that day then the other pays.

Yeah, either way works as long as both are comfortable :)

It does sound good. We usually pay half and half or take turns. But if one doesnt have the money that day then the other pays.

Back