having a motorcycle or drivers ID and being deaf or HOH

dragonsign

Reaction score
can the DMV GIVE you i lisence or pass the drivers test..even if your deaf or HOH..i just found out i thought this one person had a motorcycle lisence but he doesnt and hes deaf..can he have one? btw this person is Sean (Emett on abc's family's Switched at birth) you might know the topic about Emett riding a Motorcycle and the parents (hearies) think he cannot drive and be deaf at same..time..can someone help me with this problem..no disrespect. i'm not saying a Deaf person should not drive..I just want to know if the dmv says no. cause i think its a load of crap..you really dont need to hear to drive..you use your eyes to see everything anyway..both me on my scooter and anyone who drives.

We have several motorcycle riders here. It's a common misconception about deaf people.

We are better drivers all around!

We have several motorcycle riders here. It's a common misconception about deaf people.

We are better drivers all around!

good to know thanks..i'm the very farest away from being judgmental r raceist..sterotipical..what ever people call it. just for info ir knowledge sake.

yep, all any deaf has to do is take the written test, get the permit. practice up to a year before taking the road course test, or go to a motorcycle class that after you take which i believe is 2 days and one night, u bypass dmv driving test and get license... for the dmv course test, its a couple of curve turns and make 2 circle turns without getting out of the line. and do it other side. u cant put ur foot down, cant get out of line.. bam u got your m1 license. i love it. its more of a personal choice among deafies. its one thing we can do on the road and be free!

Cool. Motorcycle pride..even if I have a 50cc scooter with plans to get a Honda bike.. I have respect for that.

Back