Have you been in Germany or would you go to Germany?

I'd love to have a holiday in Germany -- I'm part German myself and have some ancestors coming from there. I also am fascinated with a lot of German history and I feel I need to visit the Concentration Camps used during Hitler's Regime and WW2 and pay my respects despite the fact it's been 58 years since WW2 ended.
Whenever I have a lot of time on my hands, I normally go online and search for German history and so forth.
Perhaps kootchie could give me some german language lessons! :lol:

it*s nice, that you like germany :D

if you want to be in germany, you shall never miss the "oktoberfest" in munich :D

hello everyone

i would like to give you a long stories about my dad and my grandparents

my real grandmum and step grandfather work so hard in west germany..... they told me that the west germany dont have enought farm and another many thing reason ..... my grandfather was world war 2 and he died in world war 2 ( i have a picture of my real grandfather who wear a world war two outfits ) my dad was 2 year old and he dont remember who is his real dad ( my grandfather) my grandparents decided want to move and live in michigan ..... when my dad was 16 year old and move with my grandparents, two brothers and three sister ( last baby sister born in usa when my grandmom was pregnat same time to move in usa from west germany)
my dad got trouble with the laws because my dad didnt speak a english language ..... so my good friend of my dad teaches my dad a english, teaches my dad for laws , teach my grandparents and their brothers and sisters ..... when my grandmom cant find a place to live and went to luthrans church and the paster allows all of my grand parents and their kids sleep in church for three months and they save the money and bought a house with big farms...... my dad was scholarship in high school.... he really want to go to college but my grandmother said no and my dad tried to explained to her with german language but she still said no .... so my dad decided and pick the army already .... he went to four year army in alaska..... my mom s good friend want to blind dates with my mom and my dad met my mom in bars and my mom have a hard time to learn a germany langauge ...... so my mom went to college and studie a germany language and respect to my dad s wishes for communation..... so my dad offered my mom got a married and they got married over 40 years ( i cant remember how long they still married ) .... i do speak a german language.....
all of my relative still live in west germany, some relative live in england, italy, lots of relative in portland, lots of relative in denmark...... thats why i always fly to see my relative in west germany, england and italy.... i am thinking about visit in portland next year .........

Back