Hate new cars

Illegal? Only California and some larger cities in US that have mandatory emission inspection (Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, NoVA, Phoenix, etc).

At federal level - unenforceable.

Yes, you are right because they didn't enforce polluted vehicles. Only to state inspection stations

Total BS. PCM always reading or watching voltage signals from sensors as they adjust air/ fuel mixture, advance/retard timing, command transmission shifting like that. If you put test pipe between front O2 sensor and rear O2 sensor then PCM see the rear O2 sensor is following the front O2 sensor in same path then PCM will pinpoint cat converter problem and set code P0420 or P0430. The troubleshoot will guide you to check cat converter, now you see a test pipe there.

Total BS. PCM always reading or watching voltage signals from sensors as they adjust air/ fuel mixture, advance/retard timing, command transmission shifting like that. If you put test pipe between front O2 sensor and rear O2 sensor then PCM see the rear O2 sensor is following the front O2 sensor in same path then PCM will pinpoint cat converter problem and set code P0420 or P0430. The troubleshoot will guide you to check cat converter, now you see a test pipe there.

How is BS? It just disable the engine check, that's it and it is more of cosmetic.

It won't matter in anywhere with no emission inspection.

My state doesn't require emission inspection so I'm free to make modify. :lol:

They sell a sensor delete that fools the PCM and people remove their cats, My buddy has them on his Scion with no cats and no issues.

Yes, I heard about that and won't fool to smog tech and they will know by hear or see (smoke from the muffler) or smell or use pollution meter to connect the muffler.

Ask to Deafsmogtech, He know more than me.

I don't care what vehicle come in with bad emission or modified or mod chipped whatever, the computer will read VIN, trouble codes, mode 6 and data then computer will decide to pass or fail. I can't share information with you or ADers. Sorry

How is BS? It just disable the engine check, that's it and it is more of cosmetic.

It won't matter in anywhere with no emission inspection.

My state doesn't require emission inspection so I'm free to make modify. :lol:

You are fine with tampering with your car. Just mask Check Engine light with black tape, won't bother your eyes. I know people put things back and driving long trip to allow PCM relearning and clear all monitors in PCM prior to smog inspection.

I like my new car... Not had an o2 sensor issue yet, though. :D Also, my dad and brother usually fixes what Toyota care doesn't cover... :D Yay! ( They make me watch and learn though... :( Boo! ) At least the newer cars tell you what's wrong with them! :D

California is more stricter laws on diesel engines. In my workplace, they had to move older trucks to out of state or scrap them. Soon they will not be allowed to run on California highways. Many warehouses are following this pattern and doing the same thing. They are going to get rid of all the older diesel trucks in the fleet and force them to replace with newer diesel engines with cleaner emissions. That's CARB for everyone.

What? I know nothing about it cuz I'm a gasoline powered mechanic. Also I have not hear any news for diesel powered vehicles from BAR, wants to check out it later.

California is more stricter laws on diesel engines. In my workplace, they had to move older trucks to out of state or scrap them. Soon they will not be allowed to run on California highways. Many warehouses are following this pattern and doing the same thing. They are going to get rid of all the older diesel trucks in the fleet and force them to replace with newer diesel engines with cleaner emissions. That's CARB for everyone.

This is what I dont get.. Cali and wherever else has all these strict laws for smog and all...for the people there.
What about all the vehicles that travel there, people vacationing and semi's that bring in the goods..ect..ect..
There is no controlling that as well as what people do at home with chemicals ( pouring paint thinner and other crap down the drain ) its done everywhere, theres always that special someone who doesnt abide by the laws, and it adds up.

(gasp) WTF?!? It's was not BS.

My same old coworker with straight pipe and no MIL on. He copies from the website's electric diagram and built his own electrical.

I googled it and found almost like that.

ravslide02.jpg

http://www.o2simulator.com/

That is what I am trying to say, whenever government try to control over something, there will ALWAYS smart guys out there figure way around to beat the control.

For example, back then government made digital odometer a mandatory, yet people figured out how to roll back the odometer EVEN on digital odometer, because of that mandatory changes, it cost unnecessary expenses incurred on everybody.

Other incident where government EPA made MTBE a mandatory additives in gasoline back then, costing us dearly, ONLY to find out that it was even more dangerous and environmentally damages, they eventually dropped that dangerous chemical (MTBE) requirement.

That is what I am trying to say, whenever government try to control over something, there will ALWAYS smart guys out there figure way around to beat the control.

For example, back then government made digital odometer a mandatory, yet people figured out how to roll back the odometer EVEN on digital odometer, because of that mandatory changes, it cost unnecessary expenses incurred on everybody.

Other incident where government EPA made MTBE a mandatory additives in gasoline back then, costing us dearly, ONLY to find out that it was even more dangerous and environmentally damages, they eventually dropped that dangerous chemical (MTBE) requirement.

They even recently started removing the rubber dickies off the fuel pumps at the gas stations... what a joke those were.

Yeah, they eventually realized it made no difference, what a waste of money. guess who pay for this? I don't think you'd have problem figuring out who.

They even recently started removing the rubber dickies off the fuel pumps at the gas stations... what a joke those were.

Another thing, I hate new gas can with mandatory redesigned nozzles. Intended to prevent from overflowing. It is costing us money, guess what? I have overflown so many times with this POS nozzle that EPA requires. WTF?

Back