Hate new cars

Yes, just like in big cities, I see a lot of white smoking from steaming in winter, but hardly see like that in summer - same concept.

If you pay attention and watch some car's exhaust on a cold morning you can see water dripping out of the tailpipe.

All exhaust puts off stuff even yours. When your car has been sitting and the engine is cold to be sure the exhaust isn't hot take your finger and run it on the inside of the tailpipe and bring it out it'll leave black stuff on your finger every time.

Sometime a rich fuel mixture will leave soot out of the pipes, it will spew black smoke from rich fuel mixture.

If you pay attention and watch some car's exhaust on a cold morning you can see water dripping out of the tailpipe.

All exhaust puts off stuff even yours. When your car has been sitting and the engine is cold to be sure the exhaust isn't hot take your finger and run it on the inside of the tailpipe and bring it out it'll leave black stuff on your finger every time.

But most people dont realize the cats dont work when cold.
They are like afterburners, extremely red hot/glowing hot inside to burn the excess fuels.... what heats them, the exhaust from the motor. So until they reach a working temp, they are useless anyways.

Oh I see, I'm sorry for rude posts in several pages ago.

I noticed that VOC (pollution) has declining from 1960s to now, so it made me to have a thinking that cats solved a big pollution issue, but you disagree with me and I can't find other reason about why pollution went down.

I got it now and I'm going do experiment with car's exhaust.

I have GoPro Hero 3+ that I got last week and it is great for personal recording.

Hopefully video quality is great.

Right, in order for Catalytic converter it needs to get hot enough to burn the unburn fuel, intended to burn as much shyt as possible. It does change the chemical structure. It takes several minutes to something like 15 minutes before catalytic converter actually start to work.

But most people dont realize the cats dont work when cold.
They are like afterburners, extremely red hot/glowing hot inside to burn the excess fuels.... what heats them, the exhaust from the motor. So until they reach a working temp, they are useless anyways.

if he did that at Gran Fondo, I would pull him over and detain him for cops to deal with.

and there are too much stereotypical in comments under Youtube. :dizzy:

Not know... can't tell about what kind of their engine is...

Their trucks are 70s or 80s.

Also those old cars are awesome, buy with a v6 and swap out a V8 for power...you never know whats under the hoods in old cars/trucks thats what makes them so damn cool !!!! You make it yours... Now some people today are swapping newer fuel injections in them, its their preferences... I like Carbed better.

Also those old cars are awesome, buy with a v6 and swap out a V8 for power...you never know whats under the hoods in old cars/trucks thats what makes them so damn cool !!!! You make it yours... Now some people today are swapping newer fuel injections in them, its their preferences... I like Carbed better.

I like 1960s Mustang with leather seating - good for classic racing.

You know that my father owns Toyota Prius and I hated a lot. I drove his car before and didn't like how hybrid car running and cheaper design, so I'm sticking with 100% gasoline or diesel with AWD.

The diesel is huge money-saving for rally car - you can easily get 40+ MPG with faster engine. Most racing cars go with no cats too for better flowing.

Truckers are free to exhausting A LOT of black smokes at asshole Prius owners and I'm really don't care, so better to leave bicyclists alone and they are exercising on side of road, but you will find some asshole bicyclists, unfortunately.

white smoke is water vapors..harmless
Black smoke is raw gas that didnt burn
Blue smoke is oil burning from bad rings or valve guide seals...
You dont know as much as you claim.

You forget about coolant leak (blown head gasket) cause white smoke and coolant is toxin.

Fox, Soco is right about emission inspection. The inspector just plugged in ODB outlet for emission, it must have no code(s). If it has code, inspection fails. What he mean is that there are people out there very cleverly designed a computer to fool ECM and have it ignore the code so it won't show up on ODB and able to pass emission inspection. You won't find it, maybe lucky if you find one in black market.

I also have removed Catalytic converter when I had F-250, I have no problem with inspection, they don't care and had gave me new inspection sticker no problem. I had done without muffler and passed inspection. They said my truck sounded like 18 wheelers, not too loud really.

Care to explain why removed the CAT?

Fox, Soco is right about emission inspection. The inspector just plugged in ODB outlet for emission, it must have no code(s). If it has code, inspection fails. What he mean is that there are people out there very cleverly designed a computer to fool ECM and have it ignore the code so it won't show up on ODB and able to pass emission inspection. You won't find it, maybe lucky if you find one in black market.

I also have removed Catalytic converter when I had F-250, I have no problem with inspection, they don't care and had gave me new inspection sticker no problem. I had done without muffler and passed inspection. They said my truck sounded like 18 wheelers, not too loud really.

that's because you went to a private mechanic and paid him. we have a car with tinted windows and that's a no-no in NJ and will automatically fail the inspection at DMV but we go to private mechanic instead and we pass.

'new technology' is killing American muscles, who agree?

Umm no. I take that you don't drive so much. Too many people gave up their American SUV and truck. They switched to small cars to save money. Why spend $320 a monthly (1,200 miles) for American SUV. Get a car and spend around $160 a monthly at same miles.

You see, that is called a loophole. Plenty of loopholes out there. Seen enough already.

that's because you went to a private mechanic and paid him. we have a car with tinted windows and that's a no-no in NJ and will automatically fail the inspection at DMV but we go to private mechanic instead and we pass.

You see, that is called a loophole. Plenty of loopholes out there. Seen enough already.

no it's not a loophole. just an omittance of fact that you conveniently left out.

it's not a loophole if it's illegal. technically a mechanic is not supposed to do that and he will lose his license if there's an investigation proving that he willfully ignored illegal stuff.

the only drawback to using private mechanic for inspection is that the expiration date is much shorter.

Here in New Yawk, inspection is done mostly private, so.... I never had issues with them since I moved up here. Even I was able to get inspection stickers without bringing in vehicle. Go ahead report, since the statute of limitation has long expired. I stopped doing this because I rarely have failed the inspection. No point of cheating.

My point is, there will always be way around the system or cheat the system, most of them have gone unnoticed. Not just government, all levels of our society, including U.S. President. I bet Soco knows what I mean.

If there wasn't any BS going on, Medias will have been long gone out of business, they haven't, right?

no it's not a loophole. just an omittance of fact that you conveniently left out.

it's not a loophole if it's illegal. technically a mechanic is not supposed to do that and he will lose his license if there's an investigation proving that he willfully ignored illegal stuff.

the only drawback to using private mechanic for inspection is that the expiration date is much shorter.

Back