Hashimoto Disease

With this since you are less than full retirement age you might get more from disability than taking SS at 62.
I already collect my whopping $530/month (after taxes) SS, so I guess that's it. I was self-employed so I don't have the same options.

I wouldn't expect more as a payment but I wish that I wasn't still paying so much in taxes.

How much Synthroid do any of you take daily?

I take 112 MCG every morning.

Mine's at .88 mcg. When I started 15 years ago, it was .88 mcg, then increased about 3 years ago to 100 then this year down to .88 mcg again.

How much does it cost you? Without insurance, I pay $31 per month. It keeps going up. :(

I'm too old for that symptom/effect.

I have less energy than I used to, and I have muscle weakness and tremors. I can no longer interpret, and I can't even sign in a meaningful way. I can barely write, I can't open containers. I struggle with buttons, grooming, and holding things. I can't stand up for long but I can't sit comfortably either.

This has only started a couple years ago. Before that I was very active (Type A person). Now I feel worthless. :(

*sigh*...Prayers be with you, Reba. I didn't know any of this....You're a highly valued member here at AD....and as you know, our Father never gives us more than he knows we can handle....You are NOT worthless...keep that out of your mind...do the best you can and hope for the best.

*sigh*...Prayers be with you, Reba. I didn't know any of this....You're a highly valued member here at AD....and as you know, our Father never gives us more than he knows we can handle....You are NOT worthless...keep that out of your mind...do the best you can and hope for the best.
Thank you. :hug:

Reba, I just read this now too and also want to give you a :hug:
NO, you are not worthless!

I had benign tumor in my thyroid. Doctors had to take out half of my thyroid. Because of that, my thyroid got little bit low few times. My level is normal for now. How do they diagnose Hashimoto's disease when thyroid level is normal? I have a feeling that it will get worse. I am the fourth generation in my family to have problems with thyroid.

I had benign tumor in my thyroid. Doctors had to take out half of my thyroid. Because of that, my thyroid got little bit low few times. My level is normal for now. How do they diagnose Hashimoto's disease when thyroid level is normal? I have a feeling that it will get worse. I am the fourth generation in my family to have problems with thyroid.

Well for me it was a lot of factors that got me the diagnosed Hashimoto Disease. Originally they were trying to figure out why I've been having a period every day for a year ... ultrasound went fine, blood work raised a lot of questions, then my symptoms confirmed it, along with my family history or thyroid issues. Theres the antibody test and a hormone test along with testing your Vitamin D levels thats involved. I hope this helps!

I'm too old for that symptom/effect.

I have less energy than I used to, and I have muscle weakness and tremors. I can no longer interpret, and I can't even sign in a meaningful way. I can barely write, I can't open containers. I struggle with buttons, grooming, and holding things. I can't stand up for long but I can't sit comfortably either.

This has only started a couple years ago. Before that I was very active (Type A person). Now I feel worthless. :(

I didn't see this until just now but it made me sad! You're not worthless Reba! You're always a pleasant read, even to those who you may disagree with. You have that type of literary elegance, and wide spread acceptance about you, which I greatly admire. Everyone has a purpose and nobody is worthless, no matter their abilities, disabilities, age or whatever! Right now, it seems your purpose is to keep most AD members from slaughtering each other in tense conversations most of us can't keep our cool in ( myself I admit included ) :D I'm sure there are many many things left for you to do, especially lots of trike riding! :D :hug:

Back