Hard of hearing on a deaf site?

binksamani

Reaction score
Okay, i know i post a bit on here, but im new and im trying to get use to it, im sorry. Okay, due to my hearing loss, a lot of people, family included, make fun of me... Im not deaf, but i am HoH. If i went on a camera or chatroom in things like camfrog, would i be able to go onto the deaf chats. Would deaf people in the rooms be upset? im sorry if this seems too ignorant, but i am ignorant, please someone help... i feel trapped...:ty:

If you found a deaf site/location I assume the deaf persons there would "voice off" and use ASL.
The obvious question do you use/understand ASL?

If not would you hire/use and interpreter to interact with them on your behalf?

Hopefully you can "solve your feelings of being trapped".

Good luck

Not at all......there are MANY hoh who identify or call themselves Deaf. I even know of kids with mild-moderate losses who attend Deaf Schools/programs!

I know asl words, not the grammar though... and i was afraid that on something like a camera website, that i'll be seen as stupid for not knowing what someone is saying, and asking for help.

I know asl words, not the grammar though... and i was afraid that on something like a camera website, that i'll be seen as stupid for not knowing what someone is saying, and asking for help.

Some ASL students here did have a chat room. Don't know if it is still going.

That might be a better place to start until you are a bit more fluent.

HoH here, as well. Good luck with the CamFrog thing.

Back