Had a f****** close call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a phone my granddaughter played with , it's a real phone but it not hooked up. I had a repair guy come to fixed my phone and he picked up my grandchild phone and listen to it. I told him the phone was not hooked up.

:laugh2:

torn MCL/ACL.... that's a different story. they do take months to heal.

but I mean like lacerations... blisters....

In that case, there is one. Back in 2009, I sliced my hand on razor sharp ice, and after the cut healed, there was a scar for about 2 years, which I no longer have, but it was a painful reminder of not what to do with bicycle and ice. However, I have a more permanent scar from an exploding wooden baseball bat, which gashed my right hand pretty deeply, and I still have that scar today.

Cuts tend to leave scars........that does not make you uniquely unable to heal. This little piece of glass and your "****ing close call" is just a wee bit ridiculous, and to make a thread for it?? Wow. A wake up call huh? Do you know what a wake up call is? Because I don't think you do.

Cuts tend to leave scars........that does not make you uniquely unable to heal. This little piece of glass and your "****ing close call" is just a wee bit ridiculous, and to make a thread for it?? Wow. A wake up call huh? Do you know what a wake up call is? Because I don't think you do.

You're being general. There are different kinds of wake-up calls. For example, a drug addict might one day realize that he/she needs help, when previously he/she denied it. Or there might be someone who denied being depressed, and realized that he/she needed help, and sought that help. a "wake-up call" can mean a variety of things.

WOW ! How did that happen ? Did some damn jackass ake a shot at your car? I hope not!
Never determined the source.

I was strike by lighting once and I did nothing . I did feel weird and laid down for awhile The next day I woke up in pain on the right side of my face.
The lightning hit my pinky finger on my left hand and much had travel my body. My TMJ was killing me. I had an acupuncture treatment to help with pain and it worked .
Wow! That could have been long-term serious. I'm glad you recovered.

You're being general. There are different kinds of wake-up calls. For example, a drug addict might one day realize that he/she needs help, when previously he/she denied it. Or there might be someone who denied being depressed, and realized that he/she needed help, and sought that help. a "wake-up call" can mean a variety of things.
So what did this incident wake you up from? Did you suddenly realize that you should use plastic cups only?

So what did this incident wake you up from? Did you suddenly realize that you should use plastic cups only?

More than that. It made me realize that glass really doesn't belong in my room, because my floor is sloped, and that's why it fell. There's another glass cup in my room, but that one is safe for now, as it's sitting far away from the floor, but I will need to move it, though.

More than that. It made me realize that glass really doesn't belong in my room, because my floor is sloped, and that's why it fell. There's another glass cup in my room, but that one is safe for now, as it's sitting far away from the floor, but I will need to move it, though.
Sorry I asked....

I cut the top of my middle finger off too. Maintenance at my work had removed the cover to a fan in a machine I used. When I put my had in to change the ticker tape the fan grab my finger and did a number on it. Pulled off the nail too.

My mom cut the tip of the same finger off, but she did it when she chopped the head off a chicken back in the day. I remember these stories because she said the chickens would run around with out their heads for a few minutes.

Now surgery scars, I have way too many to count unfortunately.

I had my middle finger sewed back on . It got cut off by a toy box lid falling on it . The middle finger on my right hand is a little shorter than my left hand. Is your like that too. The finger is stiff at the top and does not bend right. We had a meat slicer growing up , and I am glad it was not one that had to pugged in. I was cutting some meat and talking to my brother and I was looking at his face and the next thing I knew I almost had a thumb sandwich ! I cut right through my thumb and I can still see when I cut it today. It should been sewed up. I just washed it up and put a band aide on it. I was using more 4 letters words than a drunken sailor but my dad did not mind this time.

When I looked at it, yes that is shorter on my right hand, but my whole right hand is smaller than my left due to being left handed.
The main difference is that the right index finger twists in a little and isn't straight like the left.

Once I broke a glass bottle on the kitchen floor. I thought I cleaned it up good.

Then for about six months after, I had a lot of pain in my right foot. I related it just to the auto immune problems I have and didn't think much about it.

Finally, a piece of green glass from the lemon juice bottle I had broken worked out from the bottom of my foot.

Not screwed, glassed, you would have been glassed. My father still has a piece of glass from a bottle he stepped on in the 60's suck somewhere in his foot.

Not screwed, glassed, you would have been glassed. My father still has a piece of glass from a bottle he stepped on in the 60's suck somewhere in his foot.

Still would have cut my foot up pretty good. If I had not moved my foot when I did, I probably would be sitting in the ER. That glass piece is no longer anywhere near my room, and has been disposed of, so that's done with.

OP, I think what you meant to say was that you had a close "shave", not a close call.

I can tell just how close of a shave you got too with your new avatar.

Still would have cut my foot up pretty good. If I had not moved my foot when I did, I probably would be sitting in the ER. That glass piece is no longer anywhere near my room, and has been disposed of, so that's done with.

How do you know it was the last one?

I know, I was trying my hand at humour and ended with a true story.

OP, I think what you meant to say was that you had a close "shave", not a close call.

I can tell just how close of a shave you got too with your new avatar.

You like it? My hair was getting annoying, and since spring is just right around the corner, I reckoned it was time to cut it, so I did. :D

You like it? My hair was getting annoying, and since spring is just right around the corner, I reckoned it was time to cut it, so I did. :D

I think it looks better. You look like you just got out of boot camp. :wave:

I think it looks better. You look like you just got out of boot camp. :wave:

It does, doesn't it? That road behind me leads straight to Great Lakes Naval Base, to a point. It doesn't go directly there, but it will get you close.

*facepalm* ...The last moral of the story is I almost got crushed by a car on a motorcycle, and didn't start a thread. :D

Now who is exaggerating? Really "a car on a motorcycle" almost crushed you. What were you doing when this almost happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back