Guys that have girls that are "just friends"

Seibo21

Reaction score
Does this ever work? I've had several close friends that are attractive women, but all we've ever been is friends, but if you hang out with them long enough, it is almost like that feeling is going to be there of more than friends. This has been a rough situation for me for several years now, especially with one close girlfriend of mine.

My philosophy on dating has always been get to know the girl first, then date, then get serious if you like her as a friend and more. I always wanted my girlfriend/wife whatever to be one of my best friends as well.

Why is it so damn complicated? Ha Ha!

Weird... As soon as I posted this..

"How Can We Be Lovers, If We Can't Be Friends" by Michael Bolton came on the radio, I am officially freaked the hell out right now.

If you have special feeling for a best friend that's more than just a friend, have you asked her out for a date? Best friend sometimes makes best mate for life...smile

No, I haven't... I guess I am afraid it will make the friendship all weird. Plus, she is absolutely gorgeous, I think I'm attractive, but probably out of her league as weird as that sounds. I don't know, I have a huge fear of rejection, too. But it's like, whatever. Even when I've dated other girls, I'd rather just hang out with her. Weird, huh? But I know she doesn't feel the same way.

From my knowledge...

If women comes to you and are interested in you....it may mean something. If you try coming to the women that you really want...it won't happen. It's best just to go with the flow and maybe you will get someone. It works that way than trying to find a date.

True, that definately worked in college when I was always meeting new people. Now I am stuck in a small town with a business that I own so can't really move, and there is 0 % possibilities of meeting anyone new because I already know everyone. *sigh* it's just one of those stressful nights where im listening to sad songs and thinking too much!

True, that definately worked in college when I was always meeting new people. Now I am stuck in a small town with a business that I own so can't really move, and there is 0 % possibilities of meeting anyone new because I already know everyone. *sigh* it's just one of those stressful nights where im listening to sad songs and thinking too much!

Maybe you could meet people on the internet and find someone out of your town?

ya right, pretty much all internet "dating" sites are scam jobs. I have never really wanted to do much of that. I guess maybe it works for some people but I doubt it would for me.

ya right, pretty much all internet "dating" sites are scam jobs. I have never really wanted to do much of that. I guess maybe it works for some people but I doubt it would for me.

I didn't mean dating sites. I meant like meeting new people on forums, chat rooms, etc.

I guess that's definitely a possibility. But again something I'm new to. Maybe we'll just have to see what happens! Someone from this site added me on Yahoo and is playing games and I don't like that. So that's definately one disadvantage of trying to meet people online.

HaHa, already done that, we've had some "fun" just as friends though. She's totally using me though I'm sure, which is weird for a dude to say, but now hse has a boyfriend and we hardly talk anymore.

I guess that's definitely a possibility. But again something I'm new to. Maybe we'll just have to see what happens! Someone from this site added me on Yahoo and is playing games and I don't like that. So that's definately one disadvantage of trying to meet people online.

Yea, I think at least 2 or 3 times. There were women who liked me from this forum. Somebody may like you on this site.

i know how you are feeling and being feeling awkard about your feelings toward to your close girl friend. i hope u a good luck smile.

i have few experience of my own, i have few guy friends and only one is that i am very close to we have been friends since we were in preschool and we are very good friends and i always see him as part of my family.
and now i am trying to aviod online dating since i have few failed online relationships that end in hell.

Ahh, damn - I'm in the same boat as you, matey.

Well, I have guy friends. I consider them as my friends like I am befriend with girls. They are human being. :) It would be different when you have a feeling for a girl which is more than friends.

Been there, through that myself. I dumped several men quickly when I discovered they were scammers. They looked at my pic and then sent me an email saying, " You are a drop dead gorgeous" .. or say " you are beautiful " with a wink eye. Gee... what were they thinking ? Think I will fall for it, eh ? Heck, no...
What happens to my personality instead of my face ? :roll: Sure, I am not overweight... but, gee - they need to quit thinking of one thing. I am sure you know what I am talkin' about ... :lol: Yikes.........

Men!! lol

( psst...once, they said " gorgeous " or " beautiful " about my body or face, they will never hear from me again. )

Dont forget - women love men with confidence and healthy self esteem.

You might want to use this time to work on it and before you know it, you will find that lady. You are on the journey that will eventually reach the destination so make the best out of it while you can. Sure you are stuck in a small town with limited opportunities but remember that quality counts over quantity and if you use this time to invest in yourself wisely, you will be ready for that lady when that day DO come. Trust me, it will COME :)

Cheers, man!

Oh I know all about the Self-Confidence and self-esteem. I knew that was one thing i needed to work on because I was lacking that the last few years. But now I have started my own ice manufacturing and distribution business and I'm on the road to being highly successful. I walk around with an extra oomph anymore.

I definately have that, and it's funny because she just texted me a while ago and we're going to talk tonight, go figure.

Oh I know all about the Self-Confidence and self-esteem. I knew that was one thing i needed to work on because I was lacking that the last few years. But now I have started my own ice manufacturing and distribution business and I'm on the road to being highly successful. I walk around with an extra oomph anymore.

I definately have that, and it's funny because she just texted me a while ago and we're going to talk tonight, go figure.

See? The best way to keep girls attention is being cool ;)

Back