Guest staying your place.... *pro v cons*

GalaxyAngel

Reaction score
I'd rather to discuss this issues... **see your POV**

Guest staying your place for overnight or wknd or week or so.. whatever...

When Guest ask you, Can I stay your place for weekend.. Should the host will treat the guest staying weekend and feed the guest?

Or.. Should The host will not feed the guest and welcomed staying weekend.

Or.. Should The host willing feed the guest and staying their place for weekend?

BUT...The owner who want invite you guest staying their place for weekend... Will be always treat guest and provide food and welcomed staying weekend treat.

The host want invite you guest staying their place weekend but not provide you feed... Is that RUDE?

MY Answer:

I'm host and want invite the guest can stay my place and will be always treat them provide foods and welcomed staying overnight or weekend or week.

The guest ask me, I want stay my place for week... Should I Feed the guest? Heck no.. Unless if the guest wanted stay my place.. Should have negotiation feedback before agreement staying my place unless guest willing pay little portion help for foods..
Which the host have their own feed 4 or 5 mouths plus extra feed guest's mouth... Pretty difficulties expense their cost of foods portion extra depend their host' comfortable budget or not... Importance "RESPECT THEIR HOST' HOME"

REASON: I've seen and hearing about my buddies and outside of friends was kind upset w/their guest not being treated host's home which eating their own foods awful lot and not helping host's home treated cost of food portion. The guest want staying their place.. how the host feel?

There's have two different ways... Invite the guest... or Guest want stay your place.. issues foods provide.

What your opinion feedback throw and pro v cons.. debate!???

If I am hosting and inviting them, then I would provide the delicious foods etc..

If themselves want to stay at my house, then I won't provide foods and will be asking them what you do eat and another questions example what they re planning and what do at my home? :dunno2: :):)

Phillips, That's great feedback..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see viewers are 44 plus over... not even bother leaving their post here..

Just speaking GENERAL....

if a LONG distance friend shows up out of the blue and has little cash then i'll provide to a point. but if they were invited ofc ofc they are treated with respect and etc.

for poeple who are asking to stay they are asked to help with food cuz know MANY are on budget..

if someone is invited i'll take care of them but if they OFFERED to pay then thats fine and if they wanted to to provide for themselves that's fine too!

if a LONG distance friend shows up out of the blue and has little cash then i'll provide to a point. but if they were invited ofc ofc they are treated with respect and etc.

for poeple who are asking to stay they are asked to help with food cuz know MANY are on budget..

if someone is invited i'll take care of them but if they OFFERED to pay then thats fine and if they wanted to to provide for themselves that's fine too!

I agree with you.. if i invite anyone over.. it is my job to take care of things.. but if they come over without asking me... their job to help me out with foods and chores...

I do not mind providing food for a guest as long as they don't abuse the privilege of eating my food. It also depends on how long they're staying. If they're staying for more than a few days I would expect them to buy their own food, but I would need to discuss this with them before they came to my house - not after they were already there.

I had bad and good experience with guests. Guest asked me if he can stay and he would help me. He did well but my husband cannot stand him. Guest was my husband's brother.

Our two guests who need stay for while, they didnt help at all.

We will never welcome anyone to stay with us for long. We dont mind if they stay in 2 or 3 day.

If I invite someone over then I treat them as a guest. I provide all the yummy food and what not.

If they need to stay at mah pad un-invited for more than a couple days, they must provide for themselfssss.

Guest staying your place for overnight or wknd or week or so.. whatever...

When Guest ask you, Can I stay your place for weekend.. Should the host will treat the guest staying weekend and feed the guest?

Yes, I do something special to make guests feel home and comfortable, no matter what... either they ask me to stay at us or we invite them... we treat them the same.

Because our friends lives long way from our area... We see a little of them... that's why we are happy that they have their time to spend their weekends with us...

Most guests asked us to not cook the lunch/dinner for them after breakfast time because they want to take us to resturant for treat to "thank you" for offer them to stay with us for the weekends and drive them around.... It's nice of them...

Or.. Should The host will not feed the guest and welcomed staying weekend.

Why not? When guest know their manner to treat you which is good..

Or.. Should The host willing feed the guest and staying their place for weekend?

To me, yes.

BUT...The owner who want invite you guest staying their place for weekend... Will be always treat guest and provide food and welcomed staying weekend treat.

To me, Yes.

The host want invite you guest staying their place weekend but not provide you feed... Is that RUDE?

If without breakfast... Yes.

Example: my 40th birthday party - I have many guests to sleep at us... I asked them to bring their own pillow and blankets... suggest together what should they bring for breakfast... They brought milks, coffee, cereals, sliced sausages, cheeses, rolls, breads, eggs, fruits, etc... as "bunch breakfast buffet" to us... I prepare everything with that foods and my homemade jams, breads, etc... It's really fun to have bunch breakfast party with them until late afternoon... :giggle:

And also summer BBQ party at my garden as well... I invite many guests... We agreed to bring different salads, wines, beers, bread, rolls, etc... to us... I treat them with grill meats, sausages, homemade cakes and coffee, ...

I feed the guests at my place, and likewise if I stay at guest's home at other dates too.

I wash my guest's dirty laundry if they stay at my place for few days too.

Also I provided my guests my spare car if there are too many people as I don't drive a bus lol.

A foreigner, ex husband of my friend, whom I have never met before want to stay emergency at my place for 9 days, I charged him flat rate fee for food, sleep, laundry, TV, international phone calls, pick him up and drop him off at the airport and give him a lift around Melbourne.

Once I invite any guest to my home and I must make they feel welcome from me such as help urself to grab some munchies or drink...

Once I invite any guest to my home and I must make they feel welcome from me such as help urself to grab some munchies or drink...

Yes and no, for example, a day guest (who lives down the road) came to my house, and he walk direct to my fridge and drink a beer without asking me first, he thinks my house is his second home, I don't like it. It is not my thing to do like that to anyone's home, it's insult. :rifle:

Yes and no, for example, a day guest (who lives down the road) came to my house, and he walk direct to my fridge and drink a beer without asking me first, he thinks my house is his second home, I don't like it. It is not my thing to do like that to anyone's home, it's insult. :rifle:

well, if that person stopped by my house without my invitation planning, so that person is welcome to stay one night but food/drink isnt help urself, ask me permission... if I make planning to invitation in advance, so help urself to grab some munchies or drink

If guests stay for just the weekend, I don't mind providing them everything I have here including food as well, but if they're staying longer than just the weekend, they need to help pitch in the cost of food or provide themselves. ;)

I like it better when it's 50/50 Like if we have a cook-out, I would like it better if guests bring food, and we provide food too.

That's interesting.

My mother invited her friend to stay here for two weeks because we went away for a vacation. Her friend went to a high school reunion in my state. All he was to bring his own food, do the washing the dishes, cleaning the house, and do the laundry. We asked him to buy some good personal cares for us where he works at a health food shop.

We do invite other friends at our house. She drove a small camper from Florida to Connecticut. She slept at my house which is not a problem. She wanted to visit her sister in the town, and she can't sleep there because her sister is a heavy smoker. I can understand that. It is not really important for me to say which day like week or weekend for her to come here. We are flexible. We make breakfast and dinner for all of us. Most people go out for a lunch.

You brought up about your food concern which surprised me. You could cook for them which is very nice. We all do that. It would also be great if they bring some homemade food and some fresh bakery for us. We hate someone if they bring it from a cheap food store which is not nice, and we let the person to stay one or two night - that's it. If a lot of excellent food, we will be happy to let the person to stay longer.

I won't ask a person to pay me for electricity if I am away. But, if he uses a lot of electricity at my house, I won't let him here next time anymore - forever.

Now, my question - How safe is for us to invite friendly people to stay our house? They could be terrorists. That is the problem. Things are changed. :hmm:

Back