Guess this image!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nucleus??

The object is definitely simpler to completely describe than any nucleus is, even a lone proton of a hydrogen atom. It doesn't need quantum electrodynamics or quantum chromodynamics to describe it like atoms would. It simply exists as it is due to the nature of its home environment.

The object can be represented by a few sets of numbers, making it a lot simpler than a complete physical description of water. It's a concept that exists beyond matter, although you could make distorted physical models of this object.

Since when were molecules and hydrogen beyond matter? ;) :D The thing doesn't need molecules to exist as a concept.

Elliptic polyhedra

No, the actual object doesn't involve anything elliptic. It's in an Euclidean space. I've just read that repeated copies of this objects can fill up all of its native space.

It appears curved because of a projection, the same reason why maps of Earth are distorted compared to the real Earth. And it's not a polyhedron.

Here's another picture of the same thing, but more squished. Counting the red squares might help.

Tessalation?

A tessellation is a tiling in a space, like tiles on two dimensional floors or tiling cubes across 3d space. Just the object itself isn't a tiling, but it can tile its native space, as I mentioned.

I add that the space that the object lives in is said to be the most rich one in the variety of structures. This object is pretty unique to its space.

You probably already noticed I am a mathematical idiot. I still keep hoping a wild guess will win. I can't understand the concepts you are explaining.

Isosahedron?

Icosahedra are polyhedra. This object is not a polyhedron, but both are polytopes.

Another clue about the nature of the space this object is in:

If you fold up the thing in the picture below in the right space, you get the object.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back