Grrrrrrrrrr

irrelevant, stick strictly to your phone, not everyone has the doodads you rich kids have...lol

you dont have a gun and youre in the worst city full of crime and youre gonna ask directions....and your phone is now dead, oooooooK lol

Ding ding... damn, the trucks out of gas too....

LOL

You don't have to be rich to have doodads. Just accumulate them over time rather than buying all at once.

-off topic- I bring a road map everywhere I go. Just like the phones, the gps is not always going to save you. No matter how embarrassing or uncomfortable- always ask!!! I have driven 15 hours by myself from VA to MO and no gps and limited cell coverage. Survival baby!!! At least when I do travel my hubby know where I am at and can track where I am. If all else fails and I have no phone, I will ask someone to make a call for me. When I do get where it's safe- buy a charger and charge up. Basic common sense.

I don't care about everyone. not my problem if they didn't get those. not my problem if they got lost and are clueless.

I'm from NJ. we're full of interchanges that you speak. confusing yes but I can figure it out.
yes, but what Im saying is people who rarely if ever travel, its like russian roulette to them. I know I hit a few wrong turns myself, and its even more confusion to turn back and try to figure out which way you came and need to go...lol

-off topic- I bring a road map everywhere I go. Just like the phones, the gps is not always going to save you. No matter how embarrassing or uncomfortable- always ask!!! I have driven 15 hours by myself from VA to MO and no gps and limited cell coverage. Survival baby!!! At least when I do travel my hubby know where I am at and can track where I am. If all else fails and I have no phone, I will ask someone to make a call for me. When I do get where it's safe- buy a charger and charge up. Basic common sense.
Ive had the GPS not get signal/service as well as the phones... so its not fail safe.

Has anyone ever come into St. Louis on 64/40 from the Illinois side of the river?
Noticed how there is I believe 6 or 8 lanes and they all split off into pairs, all say St. Louis, but also have Cahokia and some other towns on the signs??? funny only the left 2 and right 2 lanes go to those said towns but they all, I mean ALL, merge back together then bottleneck into 4 lanes back into St. Louis, but when they split, it looks like they go off into neverland and its confusing. I have gone over and back that way several times to salvage yards and always get confused what lane I need to be in to properly merge to get onto 55S otherwise I have to fight in a short distance to cut over 4 lanes... its a crazy highway and confusing/dangerous to those who never been there. How about you Jiro, you seem well traveled? I have driven to Texas, Kentucky, Atlanta, Kansas, illinois and a few other states.. they all have their share of craziness, even toll roads/boothes

I've driven in almost all eastern coast states... California... Washington... Canada... DR...

I've been to bunch of crazy interchanges that you've described. I don't really understand why would they design it like that. must be on acid lol

She might...but I don't think so...her convo was pretty lucid...and at age 68...I'm not slippin' yet!...:lol:....Perhaps Sono needs to accept his deafness moreso than his Mamma....and remember that ol' sayin'...."Where there is a Will....there is a Way"....we all have to adapt to our short-comings....Just saying here....

I'm referring to memory, not intelligence. We all start forgetting by middle age, our memory is not as good. I'm simply stating it's not uncommon, at his Mom's age to forget things like conversations.

Still sharp as a tack, Robin. ;)

so you dont pass through anything when you travel, just open roads and fields? Hmmm, I need to know where those secrete roads are...

and an AX? what the hell you need and ax/shovel for?

ok ADers, Jiro is scaring me...lol

lol!!!! :lol:

It's not like a regular-size ax and shovel. it's one of those emergency kit size. it comes together with ax and foldable shovel. small.

an ax to chop away fallen branches in middle of the road but it would be useless if I have to chop a branch with like over 1" diameter.

lol!!!! :lol:

It's not like a regular-size ax and shovel. it's one of those emergency kit size. it comes together with ax and foldable shovel. small.

an ax to chop away fallen branches in middle of the road but it would be useless if I have to chop a branch with like over 1" diameter.

Like a military/camp shovel and a hachet...
I figured you'd get a kick out of that comment...lmao

I take the 64 all the way home to St. Louis!! Yes!!! It gets confusing as all get out. I typically get off before heading straight into the Lou. I take the back road and cross the Jefferson Bridge to Missouri closest to my MIL and sisters out in St. Peters. Most of my family live there and I use 55 south to take me to my mothers house- Home to Lambert's original home throwed rolls- yummy! . If you drive through and don't plan to get off- stay on 64 and don't stop.!!!

Nope. Time, patience, and knowing where to go to get them are a few. For example, my new phone I have now? It should have been replaced in October, but I waited 45 days to replace it, and when I finally did, I wasn't happy about the fact it doesn't have a webcam, but hey-- I do have Google Chrome, something my old phone didn't have, so no complaints. I can wait patiently to get a new, better phone that better matches my needs-- just gotta wait until the timing is right, which it isn't.

I've driven in almost all eastern coast states... California... Washington... Canada... DR...

I've been to bunch of crazy interchanges that you've described. I don't really understand why would they design it like that. must be on acid lol
I agree, some of these interchanges are just downright crazy. They have re designed several of them locally and my god what a mess they made of it, especially HWY 64/40 going through St. Louis city into the county (between 70 and 270, so many exits that also returns to the highway since it also mixes with cars merging to get on the main highway from the exit/entry whatever its called ramps... just wow and some of those will also serve 2 different exits, if you miss it, you got a ways to go to get off or turn around... I hate that highway since they have re done it, so I rarely travel it anymore.

Like a military/camp shovel and a hachet...
I figured you'd get a kick out of that comment...lmao

oh my bad! it's called a hatchet, not ax.

a hatchet is a small-version of an ax.

I had a foster aunt (really a cousin of my dad's that was raised by my grandparents until she was old enough to be on her own after school because her mother died when she was 2 and her dad had to work) who's husband was career military and thus even after retirement that had friends all over the country. Back in the 1970's she said that the worst place they came through as far as signs was right around the river between St. Louis, Missouri and Illinois. I don't think much has changed since.

Back