Grrrrrrrrrr

Yep, if everyone wouldnt jump conclusions straight off the start, things would be more positive in the beginning.
I am stubborn, very independant and hard to swallow asking for help as it takes away that Macho-ness, manlyhood... but sometimes we all need a hand with something no matter how strong we are.

I saw your man card. It's earned enough bonus points for a few help outs :lol:

I have. My old phone WAS kinda hard to see with, that much is true. I'm planning on getting a Samsung phone in the spring, as the bigger video is much better for viewing. Be warned, though, that using it eats your battery faster than mobile data alone.
even on the Galaxy s5 it will be too small for me as I have life long vision impairments anyway.

True on the battery BTDT with battery eating. Listening to music does it too (both phone and mp3 player when I still had one).

even on the Galaxy s5 it will be too small for me as I have life long vision impairments anyway.

True on the battery BTDT with battery eating. Listening to music does it too (both phone and mp3 player when I still had one).

Anything that streams usually does. Not a fun thought if your phone dies. That's why I always bring my portable charger with me.

You're welcome. There's very little that I don't know about iPhones. I am a HUGE iPhone fan.

I will tell y'all this though, my wife is the President of Verizon's Employee Resource Group with disabilities. I joined her for a seminar a couple of months ago. There is an app coming out in February just for people with disabilities. It is for all types of impairments. ie: blind, deaf, color blind and more. When it come available I will post more info. BUT it might be just for Android platform to start.

I am interested in learning more about this app. Is there more information we can read?

Would you also let us know when it is out so we can look for it?

Have you gone into the iPhone's Accessibilities options? There might be some option there that would make the phone more user friendly for you.

fc3f1f0c53fe821977a8357508b5f126.jpg
I havent with the iphone yet, but have used it with my flip (hearing aid settings) and some others as it was strictly on vibrate. My iphone is on vibrabe since I can not hear anything with the flash to alert me ( and actually startles me at times...lol ) but getting used to it. Friday I get activated so I will know more, they will explain more to me as well.

I also heard at times to turn off the wifi settings as it drains the battery faster when out and its constantly searching for wifi connections, just turn it on when needed and off when not using it. I have noticed at first my phone was at 40% or less by time I went to bed, when I turned the setting off my phone was still in the upper 80% by the end of the day.

I also heard at times to turn off the wifi settings as it drains the battery faster when out and its constantly searching for wifi connections, just turn it on when needed and off when not using it. I have noticed at first my phone was at 40% or less by time I went to bed, when I turned the setting off my phone was still in the upper 80% by the end of the day.

everybody always charge their phone before they sleep.

We sure do. I'm almost always on the move, so a fully charged phone when I leave is a good start. Also wise to bring along a portable charger, just in case, although having that fully charged is also a good idea.

So you got up at 6am, left your phone in wifi mode and drove 18 hours and got lost, popped out your iphone hit the MAP app and "BLIP" phone goes dead... yeah we charge them when we go to bed. But not having a car charger or forgetting it isnt gonna save you now is it.....

I know from experience as my wife forgot to charge hers and forgot to bring her cord on trips and phone went dead... nothing is fool proof... even a glitch in the phone can happen... wwweeewewewewewwweeeeeewwwww, game over.

Oh and Jiro, you charge yours before you sleep or while sleeping?

So you got up at 6am, left your phone in wifi mode and drove 18 hours and got lost, popped out your iphone hit the MAP app and "BLIP" phone goes dead... yeah we charge them when we go to bed. But not having a car charger or forgetting it isnt gonna save you now is it.....

I know from experience as my wife forgot to charge hers and forgot to bring her cord on trips and phone went dead... nothing is fool proof... even a glitch in the phone can happen... wwweeewewewewewwweeeeeewwwww, game over.

if I'm lost in middle of nowhere and my phone's dead.... I have a GPS in my armest compartment lol.... or I'll just ask somebody for direction. my truck has everything inside.... except a gun :lol:

:lol: Hence the portable charger. That is why I always make sure I don't forget mine-- for that reason and a few others. Not a fun thing when you are lost and have a dead phone. Can't use Maps. Gotta use the old fashioned paper map, and who uses those these days?

:lol: Hence the portable charger. That is why I always make sure I don't forget mine-- for that reason and a few others. Not a fun thing when you are lost and have a dead phone. Can't use Maps. Gotta use the old fashioned paper map, and who uses those these days?

me :)

I have several maps for different states plus Canada

if I'm lost in middle of nowhere and my phone's dead.... I have a GPS in my armest compartment lol.... or I'll just ask somebody for direction. my truck has everything inside.... except a gun :lol:
irrelevant, stick strictly to your phone, not everyone has the doodads you rich kids have...lol

you dont have a gun and youre in the worst city full of crime and youre gonna ask directions....and your phone is now dead, oooooooK lol

Ding ding... damn, the trucks out of gas too....

LOL

me :)

I have several maps for different states plus Canada
yes, I have paper maps, road atlas's I get from AAA free, but not everyone get those and not all are updated with detours, constructions or road/highway re-constructions.
Ever been to one of those interchanges that have like 50 different routes to take that youve never been on? and end up on the wrong one? (exaggerating on the 50, but seems like it when youre lost)

irrelevant, stick strictly to your phone, not everyone has the doodads you rich kids have...lol
rich kid? I'm not rich. and rich kids drives benz or jaguar with built-in navigation system. I don't. I drive a truck with stick.

I don't think rich kids have anything else in their cars except drugs. my truck has a bunch of emergency equipments - towing, shovel, ax, jumper cable, rain coat, air pump, etc.

you dont have a gun and youre in the worst city full of crime and youre gonna ask directions....and your phone is now dead, oooooooK lol
um... why would I be going to the worst city? I wouldn't be there in the first place.

Ding ding... damn, the trucks out of gas too....

LOL
that's why I have a gas tank. I hope a gas station isn't too far lol.

yes, I have paper maps, road atlas's I get from AAA free, but not everyone get those and not all are updated with detours, constructions or road/highway re-constructions.
I don't care about everyone. not my problem if they didn't get those. not my problem if they got lost and are clueless.

Ever been to one of those interchanges that have like 50 different routes to take that youve never been on? and end up on the wrong one? (exaggerating on the 50, but seems like it when youre lost)
I'm from NJ. we're full of interchanges that you speak. confusing yes but I can figure it out.

For many years there was a simple Y where two routes branched off from each other after you had crossed a bridge from St. Louis into Illinois. It wasn't a matter of how many but that the one referred to a city a couple states away rather than the next place you could get off in Illinois! So it is not just a matter of how many meet but the signage as well.

Has anyone ever come into St. Louis on 64/40 from the Illinois side of the river?
Noticed how there is I believe 6 or 8 lanes and they all split off into pairs, all say St. Louis, but also have Cahokia and some other towns on the signs??? funny only the left 2 and right 2 lanes go to those said towns but they all, I mean ALL, merge back together then bottleneck into 4 lanes back into St. Louis, but when they split, it looks like they go off into neverland and its confusing. I have gone over and back that way several times to salvage yards and always get confused what lane I need to be in to properly merge to get onto 55S otherwise I have to fight in a short distance to cut over 4 lanes... its a crazy highway and confusing/dangerous to those who never been there. How about you Jiro, you seem well traveled? I have driven to Texas, Kentucky, Atlanta, Kansas, illinois and a few other states.. they all have their share of craziness, even toll roads/boothes

um... why would I be going to the worst city? I wouldn't be there in the first place.
so you dont pass through anything when you travel, just open roads and fields? Hmmm, I need to know where those secrete roads are...

and an AX? what the hell you need and ax/shovel for?

ok ADers, Jiro is scaring me...lol

Back