Grrrrrrrrrr

You can type....and a TTY is very simple to use....

?? What's wrong with asking a family member for some help. He can't hear on the phone, so he needs someone to call for him. As he stated above, he doesn't have all the "technology" the rest of you seem to have. I'd be in the same boat (but ask my daughter since my mom is long gone) if my hearing aids fail or my hearing drops dramatically.
Wait a minute, doesn't he have a VP? Doesn't he have an internet?

No, what for? He's a big man so he must learn how to take care of his own problems instead of getting pissed because his mom won't help him.
so who said I was pissed? See, you all assuming thing, and she did help, but she refuses to acknowlege I am deaf, completely deaf now. So take your tissue and shove Paul.

Wait a minute, doesn't he have a VP? Doesn't he have an internet?

No. He doesn't. He's learning ASL, but remember that learning ASL in later years isn't easy, as I myself learned. For Internet, I believe he's working on that.

so who said I was pissed? See, you all assuming thing, and she did help, but she refuses to acknowlege I am deaf, completely deaf now. So take your tissue and shove Paul.
What the hell are you talking about? Your mom didn't know that you are deaf?

since you now have an iPhone... sign up for Sprint IP Relay (sprintip.com) and download the app as well.

Some parents dont accept the fact that their kids are Deaf. so if your mom dont do the way you wanted her to be. then you know what to do from there.

She did? You mean, she picked up the phone and called for you? If not, she didn't help you because she won't acknowledge your deafness.

Some parents dont accept the fact that their kids are Deaf. so if your mom dont do the way you wanted her to be. then you know what to do from there.

Well said, Frisky!...give Mamma the benefit of the doubt and in time she will realize a lot about deafness....but still no reason to "coddle" a child when there is so much technology out there to make us as independent as possible....

Let me give you some insight Paul as well as some others.
I was born HOH in 1968, so that makes me 46 now..
my hearing has degraded over the years and the last few it has dropped like a rock. Now my parents know I couldnt hear well, and as it got worst I had to have my mom repeat 100 times or more as she would look away, talk softly ,,ect... so she knows.
Recently I had CI surgery so I have no residual hearing at all, where before I could barely hear on the cell phone turned all the way up but now my ears are dead, nothing. so I am in a whole new ball game right now. My mom knows I am deaf now 100% she has seen the surgery results and we have talked but she still acts like I can hear her, I cant. I can lip read and I know basic ASL and still learning ASL but she doesnt know ASL, my daughter knows some and she can fingerspell good, but we have no one else in the family that are deaf/DEAF... so Im more of a drop in the bucket here. My wife did a lot of things for me, but we are no longer together so Im on my own and alone in this Journey now. We have taught our son ASL (basics) so at least I can understand him and what he needs/wants. Until my CI is activated this friday, I have no clue what it holds for me yet. This wasnt a rant thread, just a post about how Hearies are somewhat ignorant to us either they are friends or family. Now get out of your hostile moods before I get on my high horse and start setting it straight...lol

She did? You mean, she picked up the phone and called for you? If not, she didn't help you because she won't acknowledge your deafness.
yes she made the call for me and texted back the responses.

Back