Greetings, I am a relay operator

Rebelutionary

Reaction score
af

Yes i am one, i look forward to meeting you...all of you .

Last edited:
Welcome, Rebelutionary! I believe there are a few members here who are also relay operators. :thumb:

Welcome. May I ask you how do relay operators get trained? What qualifications do they need to be relay operators? How do you hear of the job to be one? Those are questions I have had on my mind forever. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Rebelutionary! As 'Alex' mentioned above, there's a few relay operators posting away in here...hope you'll enjoy your stay here as well! ;)

Have a great day! :wave:

Hello, there, Rebelutionary...tell us something about yourself. Are you a rebel? What kind?

Tousi said:
Hello, there, Rebelutionary...tell us something about yourself. Are you a rebel? What kind?

LOL im a rebel in the sense that im my own person no matter how much people are affected by others. Im a relay operator in Riverbank, CA which is the biggest one in the United States. :)

ClearSky said:
Welcome. May I ask you how do relay operators get trained? What qualifications do they need to be relay operators? How do you hear of the job to be one? Those are questions I have had on my mind forever. Thanks!

In training we have a class where we take turns playing the roles of TTY users, voice users, and of course the operator. We take turns with each role to understand the concept a lot more effectively. To be a relya operator one has to have completed high school, be 18 years of age, and type a minimum of 45 words a minute. Its not a public job because we are a relay service and not a store, so the job is very private. I found out because my sister worked there a year before. Its mostly word of mouth to find out. Relaying changed my life :) Hope i answered what you needed.

-Rebel

hey operator, nice to meet you :) former opr here..

YEAH, that's right--FORMER. telecoms find it amusing to fire people for stupid things. hope you like your stay here :Owned:

Back