Greatest advantage of staying in a hotel

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I've a battery for an electric cordless lawn mower that needs to be recharged. I'm planning to bring it the next time I get to stay in a hotel which is pretty soon. That way, I'll save on electricity. I will come home with a charged up battery ready to put in lawn mower.

We're lucky that hotels don't charge us for electric use.

Just think, I'll come home to a charged up lawn mower :).

Technically the cost of electricity is in the price you pay for the room. But, yes, I see your point, why spend $0.45 on electricity at home to charge your battery when you can get it at the hotel?

So every time you have equipment that needs to be charged, you drive to a hotel, pay for a room, and leave a tip in the morning just to use their electricity? Is that really cost effective?

Do you also bring empty jugs that you can fill up with water, pack up the TP rolls, load your cooler with ice from the machine, stock up on creamers and sweetners from the coffee bar, and gather up the little soaps and lotions? :roll:

Well, at least that gives your poor little hamster a break from generating your home electricity on his running wheel.

So every time you have equipment that needs to be charged, you drive to a hotel, pay for a room, and leave a tip in the morning just to use their electricity? Is that really cost effective?

Do you also bring empty jugs that you can fill up with water, pack up the TP rolls, load your cooler with ice from the machine, stock up on creamers and sweetners from the coffee bar, and gather up the little soaps and lotions? :roll:

Well, at least that gives your poor little hamster a break from generating your home electricity on his running wheel.

I think he already has plans to stay in a hotel for some other reason than to charge up his battery. But I agree that it's probably not expensive to charge it at home.

I think he already has plans to stay in a hotel for some other reason than to charge up his battery. But I agree that it's probably not expensive to charge it at home.
I know. I was being a bit facetious. :giggle:

Still, who wants to pack extra batteries and chargers when they travel? It's enough to have to bring the chargers for iPads, laptops, cell phones, etc.

I do save soap and shampoo. I don't save TP. Some hotels have free breakfast so I often get food for my dog and I when I stay at hotel.

I do agree that we carry a lot of batteries. That will be hard if we fly, but it's a different story if driving.

I've a battery for an electric cordless lawn mower that needs to be recharged. I'm planning to bring it the next time I get to stay in a hotel which is pretty soon. That way, I'll save on electricity. I will come home with a charged up battery ready to put in lawn mower.

Just think, I'll come home to a charged up lawn mower :).

I would not leave the battery plugged in when you're out of the room , the cleaning crew might think it a bomb or something!

Talking about charging, I have one of my employee who have small solar panel on top of his van, he did actually use it to charge various batteries, or powering his laptop and other electronic devices. While he travel, he will always have power to his equipment, no need to worry about stopping at hotel or whatever. The kits itself anywhere between $300 to $1000 depending on how many watts you need. So, just getting $300 worth of kits will break even with gas usage, cost of wear and tear on your car, and pay hotel fee.... Once you past the break even point...then you'll get free electricity!!

There are a lot of solar kits. I got solar lights outside and in my garage. Looking into adding more solar at some poen puint. Derek can also find a way to stop his elec meter from running. Like getting a carbide drill and putung a hole in the glass of the meter. Then push a wire in to stop the meter.

Back