Got locked out last night

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just couldn't believe it. I was the last person in the office last night around 8 PM. Been working since 7 AM and finally got my project done and as I was walking out of my office and closed the door. Then about half way out, I just realize that I don't have my keys with me!! I was sooo pissed. So, I tried to figure out if I should call the building maintenance guy or the security guy. Both of them live pretty far and I don't want to wait around for them. It's Friday you know?? So, I happen to noticed there's a ladder leaning against the wall about 20 feet away from my office. Then I look up to the ceiling. Mmmm... doable.. Me climb up and over the ceiling to my office. I know it sounded crazy!! LOL So, I pulled out the ladder and popped out one ceiling board and as I look above the ceiling, saw all the electrical wires, pipes and such. Then I pulled out other ceiling board on my office side. Then I studied what is the best way to get over it. Luckly that I have a closet in my office, so, thought of standing on the top surface of the walls to support my weight. Then climbed down using my belt wrapped around one of the big 6 inches pipe. So, I finally manage to climb over and into my office!! The only thing I hurt my wrist when I jumped down to my office floor and lost my balance. My hands landed on the floor, twisted my left wrist.
I found my keys... and muttering myself and putting all the ceiling boards back in place. So you'll see the pix below.

Attachments

• ceiling2.jpg
    ceiling2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 17
  • ceiling1.jpg
    ceiling1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 19
:laugh2: Very creative...reminds me to nail down the attic...glad to know ur alright, tho'...just kinda' lucky a security guard didn't come by and think you were trying to burglarize the place...

Lucky you were not like one of the criminals who got stuck in the ceiling and found days later!

Lucky you were not like one of the criminals who got stuck in the ceiling and found days later!

OH I hear many stories from the news of either how they got stuck up there or break through the ceiling and landed on the floor. I was very very careful not to break anything. If I didn't have closet in my office, I wouldn't climb over cuz there's no place for me to stand on.

So, I did went back to work today (to check out to be sure all the IP addresses change over are working fine) I take a closer look along the wall to be sure it's clean!!

Laughing with a visual...

I just couldn't believe it. I was the last person in the office last night around 8 PM. Been working since 7 AM and finally got my project done and as I was walking out of my office and closed the door. Then about half way out, I just realize that I don't have my keys with me!! I was sooo pissed. So, I tried to figure out if I should call the building maintenance guy or the security guy. Both of them live pretty far and I don't want to wait around for them. It's Friday you know?? So, I happen to noticed there's a ladder leaning against the wall about 20 feet away from my office. Then I look up to the ceiling. Mmmm... doable.. Me climb up and over the ceiling to my office. I know it sounded crazy!! LOL So, I pulled out the ladder and popped out one ceiling board and as I look above the ceiling, saw all the electrical wires, pipes and such. Then I pulled out other ceiling board on my office side. Then I studied what is the best way to get over it. Luckly that I have a closet in my office, so, thought of standing on the top surface of the walls to support my weight. Then climbed down using my belt wrapped around one of the big 6 inches pipe. So, I finally manage to climb over and into my office!! The only thing I hurt my wrist when I jumped down to my office floor and lost my balance. My hands landed on the floor, twisted my left wrist.
I found my keys... and muttering myself and putting all the ceiling boards back in place. So you'll see the pix below.

After that experience I'm not sure you couldn't perfect your technique and be a cat burglar lol and you took pics even..omg i know it wasnot funny to you but I think you are crazy...laughing.....Midnight♥Please be safe Peace to you

After that experience I'm not sure you couldn't perfect your technique and be a cat burglar lol and you took pics even..omg i know it wasnot funny to you but I think you are crazy...laughing.....Midnight♥Please be safe Peace to you

Yep, I said it to myself... "What? I'm NUTS!" Oh..I forgot to mentioned that I was a former mountain climber..so using my skill with my belt.

lol.. fun huh? laughing at this because I had a similar incident not long ago - locked out and got in with a ladder without getting caught (three securities always walking around...ack). they were gonna charge me $200 for keying me back in but heck, why if I can find another way.
good job, you!

lol.. fun huh? laughing at this because I had a similar incident not long ago - locked out and got in with a ladder without getting caught (three securities always walking around...ack). they were gonna charge me $200 for keying me back in but heck, why if I can find another way.
good job, you!

The security guy know me very well, it's not my biggest concern. The only concern is that flimsy ceiling, and the boards are easily to break but I'm glad that there are lot of supports for me to hang on to, like pipe, top of wall and so on.

If I did something wrong and damage something, I will get reported to NSA, CIA, DoD and so on for me doing something stupid and may lose my security clearance.

That was a huge risk to take but glad all went well! Hope that will be the only time you will ever to do that. LOL!

That was a huge risk to take but glad all went well! Hope that will be the only time you will ever to do that. LOL!

Yeah, it's risky but I will tell the security guy tomorrow about what happen. He's also responsible for badges, visitors back ground check, employees security clearance. He's CSSO/FSO which stand for Contractor Special Security Officer/Facility Security Officer. So, I'm sure he will make a mockery out of me.

Back