Got a question about the Earthquake

krazykatkitty

Reaction score
The Eathquake is often occured in NZ lately (especially in Christchruch and Wellington plus other places). If there was an Earthquake while we are driving.. Would we keep on driving or stop? I think stop is a sensible idea but the power poles is beside on the road. That will be hard to find a right spot to stop though. I am just curoius.

You really don't feel it while you are driving.

Best to stop if you can in the safest area you can. If you just keep driving the road can be damaged or break up as you are driving on it.

oh yeah you can....big time. you also could see the road roaring up like monster dragon is coming out.

one time my old friend was driving on golden gate bridge at the time of an quake, driving at regular speed, began to see the bridge swaying side to side - she didn't really felt it at first because of rumblings from many cars being on it but then felt it after knew something went wrong.

:eek3: scary.

most likely unless it was a powerful quake you wouldnt feel it.

listen to this woman. she's from Earthquake State.

oh yeah you can....big time. you also could see the road roaring up like monster dragon is coming out.

one time my old friend was driving on golden gate bridge at the time of an quake, driving at regular speed, began to see the bridge swaying side to side - she didn't really felt it at first because of rumblings from many cars being on it but then felt it after knew something went wrong.

:eek3: scary.

Like i said..... most likely you wont feel it unless it was a big one.

Good question. ;) I had this fear of driving over this freeway bridge not too far from here. Many people died there from two big earthquakes and one is named after a motorcycle cop. He did not feel it and drove over the freeway bridge and drove over the broke bridge and hit the bottom. If I see anything movement alike phone pole or road move etc.., I would pull over and wait till it is over.

Back