Good news from Sprint for Deaf and HOH

Bad news! My wife ordered one of the Sprint BB's that was advetised in the original post. Today she got a card turning down the $100 rebate offered. We haven't called them yet, but this kind of behavior is wrong!

I have a question.....Ok I look at two different blackberry which is 8700g and 8705g. I notice 8705g has intel inside. 8700g don't. which is better?. There have any pro and con about between 8700g and 8705g?.
TFW, WHOA, hey wait a minute!? who told you that they are different specs??

:slap:, Yes 8700 and 8705 both have 312-MHz Intel XScale processor inside.

laptopmag.com said:
Intel's 312-MHz XScale processor makes operating this BlackBerry a breeze

specsjb6.png
BlackBerry 8700g Review by LAPTOP Magazine

BlackBerry 8700g Specifications

But what 8700 and 8705 have or haven't: The BlackBerry 8705g offers you another great way to stay connected − you can use your device as a tethered modem. It means you can connect your laptop (or desktop computer, for that matter) to the Internet via your BlackBerry device, virtually anywhere and any time you want to.* And Rated for hearing aids: M3, T3

Therefore, 8700 doesn't have tethered modem and M3, T3 for hearing aids. that's it

Bad news! My wife ordered one of the Sprint BB's that was advetised in the original post. Today she got a card turning down the $100 rebate offered. We haven't called them yet, but this kind of behavior is wrong!

I got the same postcard, and I found out that it's because our BBYs from Sprint are on what Sprint Representatives call the Ensemble system. As a result, this has created a couple of problems, one being the postcard, and another being charged $75 the last two months for internet access charges (notwithstanding the fact that the BBY is on an unlimited data plan).:deal:

However, I did get the rebate check a few days ago, so that's resolved. I'm now waiting for Sprint Relay PoC to resolve the false $75 charge. I suggest you go to Sprint Rebates website and check your rebate status. You will notice that your rebate is still good even though the postcard was sent. Send an email message to the Sprint rebates customer support email address provided on that website and explain the problem along with the fact that it's on Ensemble system. You should then get a reply clarifying that your rebate is being processed and that a check is soon coming. Good luck!

Thanks navyman. I think you are right. When we checked the sitre it still said we'd get the rebate by next week. We're waiting to see. I'll watch out for extra charges.

Strangely, the first post in this thread was not removed.

I understand if it violates the forum rules, but then it's going to make it harder for me to find a Text Accessibility Plan from Sprint for d/Deaf/Hard-of-hearing... :( If the "Text Accessibility Plan"-related threads had not been posted, then Text Accessibility Plan is something I've never read about it. :p

Thanks navyman. I think you are right. When we checked the sitre it still said we'd get the rebate by next week. We're waiting to see. I'll watch out for extra charges.

Well we got nailed for extra data charges. After calling Sprint and arguing with them they waived the extra charges and said they would add unlimited internet to a plan that is supposed to already have unlimited internet. I find that I seriously dislike the way Sprint is doing this plan.

Well we got nailed for extra data charges. After calling Sprint and arguing with them they waived the extra charges and said they would add unlimited internet to a plan that is supposed to already have unlimited internet. I find that I seriously dislike the way Sprint is doing this plan.

These extra data charges happened to both my wife's and my blackberry accounts. I had to contact a Sprint relay regional rep directly to get them removed. Apparently, the charges are occurring because Sprint is using the so-called "Ensemble" account system for the Sprint Relay-based PDA accounts. For some reason, it cannot properly differentiate between a blackberry on an unlimited BBY data plan and a regular PPC-based PDA using metered internet. :crazy:

So far, I've been getting the data charges reversed...it's just a matter of contacting the right people and mentioning the magic phrase "my acccount is on the Ensemble system." Hopefully, we won't have to call monthly to get them reversed like I've been doing since May.

Strangely, the first post in this thread was not removed.

I understand if it violates the forum rules, but then it's going to make it harder for me to find a Text Accessibility Plan from Sprint for d/Deaf/Hard-of-hearing... :( If the "Text Accessibility Plan"-related threads had not been posted, then Text Accessibility Plan is something I've never read about it. :p

Sprint Relay Support Center

Hi,

I have been problem with Sprint customer service. They kept charging my husband and me $75.00 for internet acess since we bought Blackberry devices last May 2007. I fed up with the customer service and decided to cancel it. Now we are back to TMobile service and we've bought the blackbery curve devices recently.

Hi,

I have been problem with Sprint customer service. They kept charging my husband and me $75.00 for internet acess since we bought Blackberry devices last May 2007. I fed up with the customer service and decided to cancel it. Now we are back to TMobile service and we've bought the blackbery curve devices recently.
woooo wooo, welcome back to tmobile world.. I can't afford to leave tmobile for another carrier. I always have a loyal to tmobile since 2002!

Hi,

Hello all, I have been problem with Sprint Customer Care and Support. There are so many Asian people work there. I can't stand problem with them anymore. I decide went to AT&T or Verizon, maybe T-mobile they are doing better. I am sure they do have data plan as Sprint plan.

Sprint getting worse!!!!!

I had too many problem with sprint customer service and support there are all asian people I can’t stand with them. It never help my blackberry fixed like I have no insurance on my account I bought blackberry few months ago guess what I have to pay additional for exchange no matter under warranty. T-Mobile, At&T and Verizon DOES NOT CHARGE for exchange please aware of it stay away from Sprint!!!

Hello all, I have been problem with Sprint Customer Care and Support. There are so many Asian people work there. I can't stand problem with them anymore. I decide went to AT&T or Verizon, maybe T-mobile they are doing better. I am sure they do have data plan as Sprint plan.

Excuse me but what do their being Asian have to do with this? I find it appalling that you would point out a race as a factor of your unhappiness with Sprint. :ugh3:

I think he means that at Customer Support, there are alot of Asians employed there and they are sometimes difficult to understand. I know my husband has told me this. So I try to do it all online.

Lantana

I got the same postcard, and I found out that it's because our BBYs from Sprint are on what Sprint Representatives call the Ensemble system. As a result, this has created a couple of problems, one being the postcard, and another being charged $75 the last two months for internet access charges (notwithstanding the fact that the BBY is on an unlimited data plan).:deal:

However, I did get the rebate check a few days ago, so that's resolved. I'm now waiting for Sprint Relay PoC to resolve the false $75 charge. I suggest you go to Sprint Rebates website and check your rebate status. You will notice that your rebate is still good even though the postcard was sent. Send an email message to the Sprint rebates customer support email address provided on that website and explain the problem along with the fact that it's on Ensemble system. You should then get a reply clarifying that your rebate is being processed and that a check is soon coming. Good luck!

That is a big problem with the Ensemble system charging the $75 did you get it resolved?

That is a big problem with the Ensemble system charging the $75 did you get it resolved?

I don't know if they got it resolved, but I have to call Sprint every month to get the wrong charges removed from my bill.

I don't know if they got it resolved, but I have to call Sprint every month to get the wrong charges removed from my bill.

Oh that is sucks. I never had a problem with sprint. So now I am getting pissed with my exh and his wife for adding their phone onto my account and planning to remove it on Jan 3 so I will check into my account if anything goes wrong then I go thru sprint relay to get it resolves this. I found out that my exh and his wife have been ordering too many ring tones and wallpaper. :eek3: Geez I dont do that if I dont have that money. So now my bb is broken so I had to get it replace it. gotta wait til Friday.

Two days ago, I saw an ad on TV from Sprint that it cost 10 dollars per month for text messages. My deaf friend said that it is only for hearing people to use it along with a voice plan. Is that correct?

Back