Golden Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don't think you're lying. I think you believe everything you say, ferociously. However, that doesn't mean you're right.

plm is im not the only one stating it...crazy
im not the only one who has witnessed it...crazy
entire organization of survivors int he thousands...crazy
others on this very board with you in this very thread also have experienced it...crazy...

do you think all the authors of all the cites i gave are also crazy?

some of them highly respected leading academics..in their fields..crazy
do you think the terps book i posted in this thread shes also crazy?

and you dismiss all of them why?
because you know better then them, even though you don't read any works on the topics and are not even part of the culture and don't know the language , you seem to know better?

what else could be

this reminds me of white who just know better regarding whats happening on native reserves..
just because...
they know better then the actual people living there......

OIC

Last edited:
Seeings as most of what he writes can be backed up... I am curious... where is your evidence that he is wrong?
It's not surprising you're not familiar with the concept that it's impossible to prove a negative.

It's not surprising you're not familiar with the concept that it's impossible to prove a negative.

Haha seriously?? You keep spouting things and being extremely foul to hoichi and you cannot prove anything? Come now, take a page from C-Nice at least he tries to prove something... Hoichi has cites from the very places he is arguing about.. he has provided evidence from these companies to back up what he says... and you just say "its impossible to prove a negative"? I am not asking if you farted in public or slept with a client ... these things are out there to find... all you have to do is look... pro CI stuff is far more easy to find then the research others have had to put into their argument... sad...

Last edited:
No his "evidence" does not back up his absurd claim that cochlear implant companies are actively trying to eradicate sign for the purpose of creating an increased demand for more implantations. It just doesn't. No I'm not going to find evidence that debunks that in a pro CI video and that's not even WHY C-nice posts them. It's not happening, so therefore I cannot "prove" that it's not......ergo proving a negative. Are there things that should be done differently? Absolutely, however.......it's still not "proof".

Ps I don't sprout anything. I'm not a plant.

No his "evidence" does not back up his absurd claim that cochlear implant companies are actively trying to eradicate sign for the purpose of creating an increased demand for more implantations. It just doesn't. No I'm not going to find evidence that debunks that in a pro CI video and that's not even WHY C-nice posts them. It's not happening, so therefore I cannot "prove" that it's not......ergo proving a negative. Are there things that should be done differently? Absolutely, however.......it's still not "proof".

Oh whine, 2 am and I add an "r" shame on me... gasp... but if we want to nit pick at each other's writing instead of the topic at hand... trust me, you will need backup ;)
You keep trying to lay that at his feet, and he keeps telling you different... I am not Hoichi, I will not argue or try to correct you as he has numerous times... if you want to argue with yourself have at it...
What I will state and has been proven in the numerous cites is that they do force and coerce parents to not provide sign to their deaf child/ren, going so far as to keep them from others that do sign... which causes language deprivation for most of them... which causes harm to not only the child/ren but to the Deaf community ...
Now, that is not opinion, those are facts backed by science ... the fact that you keep grasping at other things shows that you have either not paid attention to what is actually being written or you just want to be ugly to others for some unknown reason... I do not know and frankly I do not care...

Last edited:
ITS THE VAST VAST VAST MAJORITY OF DEAF THEN AND NOW WE DONT HOLD OR VIEW CI AS A MIRACLE OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS..

Where or how did you come to this conclusion? Did you visit every Deaf person since the dawn of the CI and ask them to fill out a survey or something? Yes I am sure there are many Deaf who don't like the CI but I don't think it's the "vast vast majority" either. I may ask my two friends who worked or is working at Gallaudet what they've seen there over the years regarding reactions and the use on campus (one just retired after working there for 26 years).

if you or others cant quote my actual words so be it
i post enough that should be easy

i wont force intellectual honesty on you or anyone..
if you are sincere you will use the quote function as i do when ever i want to discuss or reply to someones thoughts, statements or ideas..whether i agree with them or not..
(yeah i know tall order to ask of you and others i get it)

its not unreasonable to use the quote function that's whats it there for.

Just the opposite! You post so much it isn't reasonable to quote everything that goes into the impression you leave.

hoichi critique part 5 for the poster who longs and lusts to read all my stuff and more....

creep mother said:

(20)There seemed to be a long history of disagreement over spoken versus visual language, and between those who saw deafness as a medical condition and those who saw it as an identity. The harshest words and the bitterest battles had come in the 1990s with the advent of the cochlear implant.

NO this is not seemed there actually was and still is disagreement, there actually is a very long history 200 years worth of it of our resistance... but what really has occurred is one cultures wishes were utterly ignored and steamrolled. that's what happened..

hoichi
What you missed when you said "NO this is not seemed" is that she was referring to her own reaction to what she found. NOT what it was to you or anyone else!

critique part 6 as promised for poster who longs and lusts after my posts...

creep mother" said:
(31)They saw the prostheses as just another in a long line of medical fixes for deafness.
?

Hoichi said:
NO we still do SEE it as such.

My reply to him is:
She is talking about what they saw in the past. She is making NO reference to how it is seen NOW. So not reason to say NO to what she wrote.

It seems Hoichi goes to switching to NOW every time she uses "assumed" (or another form of that word) in talking about the past. The above is just an example.

Very glad to see a video on You Tube that has real captions rather than auto generated. I found the talk very interesting. I am interested also in what has happened in the years since this talk. That talk was given just over 6 years ago.

Mainly this proves that Dr. Chorost is no enemy of the Deaf Community!

No his "evidence" does not back up his absurd claim that cochlear implant companies are actively trying to eradicate sign

this is not only my claim and its not actually only CI companies...

how do you know any of my cites does not back it up since you have not read any of the cites or works cited?

for the purpose of creating an increased demand for more implantations. It just doesn't. No I'm not going to find evidence that debunks that in a pro CI video and that's not even WHY C-nice posts them. It's not happening, so therefore I cannot "prove" that it's not......ergo proving a negative. Are there things that should be done differently? Absolutely, however.......it's still not "proof".

well since you refuse to read anything in regards to my cultures statements on the issue....
where does that leave you?

besides just a run of themill religious believer..
because thats all your doing in those posts...

Last edited:
Where or how did you come to this conclusion? Did you visit every Deaf person since the dawn of the CI and ask them to fill out a survey or something? Yes I am sure there are many Deaf who don't like the CI but I don't think it's the "vast vast majority" either. I may ask my two friends who worked or is working at Gallaudet what they've seen there over the years regarding reactions and the use on campus (one just retired after working there for 26 years).

make sure you ask your friend the proper question.
i never stated like or not, i is very specific in my statement.

where did i come to the conclusion the vast majority (note. that does NOT mean every..)of Deaf do not see or hold CI as a miracle of biblical proportions?

mmmmmm....

well im Deaf and i live with Deaf, and am active in my Deaf community, and i have never seen the vast majority of us hold the view CI is a miracle of biblical proportions.

actually its been the opposite views ive encountered by the vast majority of Deaf whom i ve known and met and who's works and publications i've read (im interested if you have any works from Deaf (and i mean Deaf),who view and hold CI as a miracle of biblical proportions, cite them im interested)

national body and organizations are active in this topic..
dont hold the view that CI is a miracle of biblical proportions.

im Deaf and lived with Deaf in other countries, and the majority view i have encountered has NOT been the view that ci are a miracle of biblical proportions.

ive read the statements of NAD, know the history of those statements, (you can check them out on the website)

NAD never nor now does hold CI as miracle of biblical proportions for us...

the world federation of the Deaf does NOT hold and view CI as a miracle of biblical proportions..

(can you show me one national body of Deaf (that means Deaf)that does hold and view CI as a miracle of biblical proportions?, im curious)

ive studied and read the development and history of CI and our culture's resistance and opposition to it (why would we be opposed if we held it to be a miracle of biblical proportions? that's a logical question...)

and i also cited more then few of the works here for all to read, you too.

i know the huge controversial 60 minutes caused when they aired catliens "miracle"....(i was in Deaf school at the time, you don't have to believe or take my signs for it, but the entire school and the Deaf admin did not believe or hold the same ideas that CI was a miracle of biblical proportions)..

when i was at gally i cant tell you if i ever came across one Deaf who told me he or she believed they thought CI was a miracle of biblical proportions...(thats not to state their was none, i never stated all remember|)

and i guess if we all thought it was a miracle of biblical proportions, then why was it so so controversial? (you can answer that for me)

i know our history,
mmm.....

i know many who have received CI that don't think that CI is a miracle of biblical proportions

i know many who have refused CI like myself who don't believe CI is a miracle of biblical proportions

such an odd question coming from someone Deaf..i admit...
mmm

i guess ill ask you

do you think the vast majority of Deaf view and hold CI as a miracle of biblical proportions?

i never stated every, i stated a vast majority, the vast majority of us do not see CI as a marcile of biblical proportions...

now if im wrong..

pls deaf ducky
pls by all means

school me here...
thank you

Last edited:
Just the opposite! You post so much it isn't reasonable to quote everything that goes into the impression you leave.

its easy jane
you want to engage any of my words hit the quote function..

its easy...

so tell me
how do you have it in your head, that you an outsider, someone who is NOT Deaf, does not know our culture, our history, does not know our language, refuses to read any of our history.....

seems to have it that you know more then what we do in regards to our culture and what is happening?

can i try this neat trick on a women's board?
how far will i get?

My reply to him is:
She is talking about what they saw in the past. She is making NO reference to how it is seen NOW. So not reason to say NO to what she wrote.

It seems Hoichi goes to switching to NOW every time she uses "assumed" (or another form of that word) in talking about the past. The above is just an example.

no her statements are not just about the past,
her article is NOT a history article is it?
NO

and we STILL see it as such

let me guess
you an outsider also know more then us in regards to our culture then we do......

OIC..

hoichi
What you missed when you said "NO this is not seemed" is that she was referring to her own reaction to what she found. NOT what it was to you or anyone else!

NO
if im going to be writing an article about another culture i better be very clear as to what i believe and what THEY believe...

He really has it in for the Deaf Ha Ha

cncie you continually post video and video after video on here of small children, (not the above), usually girls, prepubescent, ...in various actions...
would you like me to start misrepresenting you?

i have never stated this man had it in for the Deaf...
ive been very clear as to what i state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back