Glide Signing Practice

Faith_Gabrielle

Reaction score
Looking for people with Glide who'd be willing to practice ASL with me. Ideally between the ages of 17 and 24 so we'd be more likely to have things in common to talk about. D/deaf, hoh, hearing.. Doesn't matter to me, just looking for some "real life" ways to practice. :)

My name's Carlos and am HOH and I'm 25, So I hope this doesn't matter. I speak three languages that are Spanish, English, and Portuguese. Being HOH is awesome! I'm pretty connected with anyone, not matter what! Well, I can understand very much how's like to live as a deaf but also how's like to be a hearing. I understand both worlds. But there's also another world which is like how to live as a HOH, culturally most of them are kinda closer into the mainstream society. I'll tell my story. Grew up almost all my life with hearing people who can be my whole family, past and present friends, teachers, and the neighbors or anyone. So, Basically I had never had a conversation with someone who's deaf or HOH. Been Always in regular schools and the only one for my classes in the past. Now, things have changed so much. Been involved in the Deaf for one year and a half. ASL is becoming a crucial part of life for better and more effective communication. Of course, I can help you anything you need to learn or enjoy with that beautiful language. Things in common? We'll see what happens. My glide is tavijpo.

It's a pleasure to meet you!!

Carlinhos. :D :D

Hi, I'm just a begginner in ISL (Irish Sign Language), know v few signs, but am in desperate need of someone to practice with, would I suit? Even tho ASL and ISL are different I think it could work, thx! My name is Daniel, I'm 19 and live in Ireland, am hearing, but deffo obsessed with Sign Language and Deaf Culture ever since Switched At Birth, do know some signs in ASL, if u want we could try ;)

My name's Carlos and am HOH and I'm 25, So I hope this doesn't matter. I speak three languages that are Spanish, English, and Portuguese. Being HOH is awesome! I'm pretty connected with anyone, not matter what! Well, I can understand very much how's like to live as a deaf but also how's like to be a hearing. I understand both worlds. But there's also another world which is like how to live as a HOH, culturally most of them are kinda closer into the mainstream society. I'll tell my story. Grew up almost all my life with hearing people who can be my whole family, past and present friends, teachers, and the neighbors or anyone. So, Basically I had never had a conversation with someone who's deaf or HOH. Been Always in regular schools and the only one for my classes in the past. Now, things have changed so much. Been involved in the Deaf for one year and a half. ASL is becoming a crucial part of life for better and more effective communication. Of course, I can help you anything you need to learn or enjoy with that beautiful language. Things in common? We'll see what happens. My glide is tavijpo.

It's a pleasure to meet you!!

Carlinhos. :D :D

Hey Carlinhos, have u seen my message there, could u help me 2 perhaps, I speak English and Portuguese too.

Hello Daniel! I couldn't even imagine that the series 'Switched at Birth' becomes the reason to learn any sign languages and open your eyes up and be motivated to be involved everything about the Deaf culture around the world. Yes, it's ok! Look, add my Glide: tavijpo. Sorry I was off and haven't returned to look up new messages.
Be welcome! Glad you're really interested in the Deaf!

Carlinhos.

Hello Daniel! I couldn't even imagine that the series 'Switched at Birth' becomes the reason to learn any sign languages and open your eyes up and be motivated to be involved everything about the Deaf culture around the world. Yes, it's ok! Look, add my Glide: tavijpo. Sorry I was off and haven't returned to look up new messages.
Be welcome! Glad you're really interested in the Deaf!

Carlinhos.
Thank you, haven't been here for a while as well, will add you! xx

Back