Given the chance to choose between hearing and Deaf who would choose to remain Deaf?

:wave: did someone say moderator? :)

Seriously... it's ok to have a few off topic posts. If the derailment becomes excessive, it will either be deleted or a thread gets locked. There is no harm to have a few small off topic in a thread.

:topic: You're way off topic! This thread is about hearing or staying deaf.

It's not your thread, and you are not the moderator!

If you hate everyone here, and everything we say or do, why don't you just go away?

When did you become a moderator?!!

Stop moderating other people (oops sorry now I'm doing it).

Threads- ANY thread have the potential to wander off topic or whatever. there's nothing wrong with a thread going off topic-- it's the natural course of a conversation which is exactly what a thread is. Forum Games threads would be better to contain off topic posts (have seen that before) but general threads?

Come on live a little.

Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post

If you hate everyone here, and everything we say or do, why don't you just go away"

The people I have on my ignore list is my business and they been trying to get me banned including you right now ! I can say if I feel a thread is 'off topic' just as much as anyone else here. You are not a moderator and are., being double standard right now ! You can bully other people around but you're not going to bully me into going away

Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post

If you hate everyone here, and everything we say or do, why don't you just go away"

The people I have on my ignore list is my business and they been trying to get me banned including you right now ! I can say if I feel a thread is 'off topic' just as much as anyone else here. You are not a moderator and are., being double standard right now ! You can bully other people around but you're not going to bully me into going away

I never bothered to try to get you banned. You do a good enough job yourself.

Well....I'll add my two cents...if it's not to late...lol....

At first, as a hearing person, I thought like every other hearing person that assumed CI's would allow a deaf person to hear (assuming it was natural sounds) was great. I could not understand why it was so controversial. Why not be both; CI on = hearing, and turn off CI = deaf. Learn ASL as backup. Have both worlds, communities.

However, now after I watched a youtube video about what CI sounds really sounds like; computerized voices, sounds, etc. To me, the CI would creep me out, and at other times annoy me, because it isn't natural sounds. I know what the natural sounds of things sound like.

Also, now that I am slowly losing hearing in my left ear, I don't think I would want a CI, because it would disrupt my memory of natural sounds. I would be annoyed every time I heard a computerized sound, and say "that doesn't sound like that.....all the time"

I prefer ASL, because I can hear my what my friends are signing, and it's natural. It's amazing that there really is no silence.

At first, as a hearing person, I thought like every other hearing person that assumed CI's would allow a deaf person to hear (assuming it was natural sounds) was great. I could not understand why it was so controversial. Why not be both; CI on = hearing, and turn off CI = deaf. Learn ASL as backup. Have both worlds, communities.

However, now after I watched a youtube video about what CI sounds really sounds like; computerized voices, sounds, etc. To me, the CI would creep me out, and at other times annoy me, because it isn't natural sounds. I know what the natural sounds of things sound like.

Also, now that I am slowly losing hearing in my left ear, I don't think I would want a CI, because it would disrupt my memory of natural sounds. I would be annoyed every time I heard a computerized sound, and say "that doesn't sound like that.....all the time"

I prefer ASL, because I can hear my what my friends are signing, and it's natural. It's amazing that there really is no silence.

The correct English is I can visualize my friends who are signing and it's natural.

You have to remember that we have different degrees of hearing loss. In order to have CI, you have to be profound deaf to be a candidate to get CI. CI is not always the answer to have surgery as it has problem with the deaf person who complained about headaches and lose some of facial numbness and other illnesses. Some CI have successful surgeries. On the whole, there is a lot of them complain about it.

As a hearing person like you, you could not adapt to hearing the silence while us, d/Deafies, are use to hearing silence except one thing is the Tinnitus that we get unusual noises in our head. That is the life of the Deaf person like myself. I am proud to be :deaf:. :cool2:

Except I have read a lot discrediting the You Tube demonstrations as very inaccurate! Most of what I have read say that there is some odd sounds (beeps or Minny Mouse) at the very first when activated but then the brain gets a chance to adapt and things sound natural (as remembered if used to hear).

Actually.I consider myself Agendered. But it's not something that I dwell on, or obsess over. As I appear male I am just used to male pronouns etc. But I fine being referred to with either or non binary gender terms too...

I see you as a left hand boxer.:hmm:..As for myself obvious caz nickname deride from carole name I hate and loath..
I not high jack thread as this little dude has asked pertinent question which I already answer

I see you as a left hand boxer.:hmm:..As for myself obvious caz nickname deride from carole name I hate and loath..
I not high jack thread as this little dude has asked pertinent question which I already answer

An association of Caz and Carole is completely new to me. Would never have associated the two on my own.

An association of Caz and Carole is completely new to me. Would never have associated the two on my own.
I've heard of that association. It seems more common in the UK & Scotland (I knew a Caz from Scotland but her name was Carrie interestingly).

I had a great uncle called Caz, which was for Charles.

the crap avatar doesn't show the OMG elegance of the classy lady I wanted to show.
she must have been breathtaking when young. she still is!

old-woman-smoking-sandy-powers.jpg

I wish I could look so cool at her age. nah, now!
perhaps I should start smoking cigarettes??? :eek3: :shock: :hmm:

Fuzzy

the crap avatar doesn't show the OMG elegance of the classy lady I wanted to show.

Fuzzy

I don't think she's even alive, someone propped her up and stuck a ciggy in her hand. :ugh:

Fuzzy

At her age? Fuzzy, she's only 55! :wave:

Back