Getting the right adjustment

Yes, I'm completely deaf in my right ear. I have LVAS which is the cause of my recent hearing loss in my left and I believe to by why I lost my hearing due to a head injury when I was 3. I didn't know I had LVAS until a couple of years ago.
I could have wrote those same words. I also have LVAS and didn't know until last year when I had my first real hearing loss incident. Lost all my hearing in my right ear sometime between birth and 4-5 years old. Likely due to a head injury as well.

I have had the same issues. Usually when I am getting adjustments because of a hearing change or new aid, I schedule weekly appt's with the audiologist until we stop finding things to adjust, then making it a month out.

This is something I really dislike about HA's today. You would think that with today's technology they would put more control in the hands of the users. I would love to be able to continually be able to make tweaks to my HA's as I am experiencing different environments. It's nearly impossible to do from sitting in a quiet office with 1 person.

I agree, I was thinking if I could just there and adjust each setting until I found the missing frequencies it would be a huge help. The small adjustments in the audiologists office are difficult for me to distinguish, especially in the small room that we use for adjustments. It doesn't help that my audiologist also happens to have a voice that I can hear really well.

I have had the same issues. Usually when I am getting adjustments because of a hearing change or new aid, I schedule weekly appt's with the audiologist until we stop finding things to adjust, then making it a month out.

This is something I really dislike about HA's today. You would think that with today's technology they would put more control in the hands of the users. I would love to be able to continually be able to make tweaks to my HA's as I am experiencing different environments. It's nearly impossible to do from sitting in a quiet office with 1 person.

I agree--being able to make adjustments in the real world would be SO helpful. I understand that some people probably aren't technologically savvy enough to do that but give people training or a test or something so they can have some control over their settings. It's not like people don't have computers and couldn't download the software and run the programs themselves.

I agree, I was thinking if I could just there and adjust each setting until I found the missing frequencies it would be a huge help. The small adjustments in the audiologists office are difficult for me to distinguish, especially in the small room that we use for adjustments. It doesn't help that my audiologist also happens to have a voice that I can hear really well.
Same here. If only my audiologist was an Indian or Polish person with a really thick accent, I'd be all set! If I could get my hearing aids adjusted to hear them then surely any situation would be fine! :)

I agree--being able to make adjustments in the real world would be SO helpful. I understand that some people probably aren't technologically savvy enough to do that but give people training or a test or something so they can have some control over their settings. It's not like people don't have computers and couldn't download the software and run the programs themselves.
You can count my audiologist as someone I wouldn't consider technologically savvy enough. I find myself leaning over the desk helping her to navigate through the software she uses. I work in IT and its usually pretty easy for me to figure things out on a computer and seeing her struggle through finding things (then having to call Phonak for help) is a bit frustrating. Just let me do it!

I'm hoping hearing aids like the Resound LiNX will help put more options in the hands of users once they can be controlled more with an mobile app.

-Mike

Back