Getting knocked at door.....

Wirelessly posted

@ 7:30 a.m.? I am usually not awake yet, LOL! So I won't hear them... :D

If I didn't invite you, I don't answer. I can be a little grumpy from time to time. Speaking of door knocking and grumpy-ness... how in the world do these signing Jehovah Witnesses find us Deaf people?!?! Everywhere we have lived... they find us. We respectfully declined but I came about three seconds from calling the police on them after they knocked the second time. Our community has very clear no soliciting signs all over as well as I have one on my screen door.

tell me about it,i had long afternoon jw's here.last week i tell them bsl only in hope they no find one just my luck they did,most depressing afternoon

So strange reading about J.W. Right after my illness, someone put us in touch with an ASL tutor. She charged us a lot. At the time my brain was still recovering so we had to let her go. Later she found a couple to tutor us for free. They were really nice, but their signing was terrible. Found out they were J.W. and the bible versus being sent to me were overwhelming. So I guess they found me too!!!

autistic people tend to not pick up social cues so you have to be blunt. explain that she should come later than 10 ect. she really had no idea.
ps. i went to school with autistic kids

lololololol

me- I love sleeping more :)

:zzz:

Fuzzy

It is not wise to waste time sleeping in your bed because there are a lot of things you could miss out on! Also, it is always prudent to be productive with your time. Why is this all being mentioned? Here's why:

Time is our most precious commodity!!!

My girlfriend has a friend who is deaf and autistic. You know what it is being with people that are autistic sometimes. Well, this morning, that person who was deaf/autistic knocked on my girlfriend's Mom's door at 7:30 am to drop off cookies. It was an unannounced visit. They weren't expecting her. My girlfriend and her Mom are both upset that person would think to come at 7:30 am in morning waking both of them.

My girlfriend talked to this woman's Mom for advice on this. The Mom said to be happy that the friend wants to drop off cookies. Don't worry about the fact it was 7:30 am. It was 9 am my girlfriend's time verus 6 am the woman's Mom time when my girlfriend texted her. So therefore, the Mom was upset too.

My girlfriend was upset that this woman's Mom seemed to be insensitive to my girlfriend's feeling.

Personally, if someone knocked at my door unannounced at 7:30 am to drop off cookies, I would probably be upset too. I would probably have told her, I do not want the cookies. Come back later, ok?

Looks like it is overblown.

I am a Deaf mother with a 12 years old son that is also Deaf and Autistic. I can tell you that firsthand, timing is one thing that autistic people are familiar with because of their routine. But, with their social skills of developing an etiquette of showing up at inappropriate time is something that they are excluded from. Not that I'm excusing the autism aspect, it is something that needs to be educated.

Apparently this has went out of hand but please do keep in mind that it can be explained. People with autism needs to have repetitive explanation in order to truly understand the surrounding. If it happened once, I wouldn't fret too much over it.

tell me about it,i had long afternoon jw's here.last week i tell them bsl only in hope they no find one just my luck they did,most depressing afternoon

Tell me about it, I had the police around numberous of times as they were trespassing my front garden. They refuses to move off my land when they want me to watch their BSL video about signing, I am not interested in joining their religion. They seem to target particular people as I never see them knock other people's doors... I know my neighbour hood very well and when i see bunch of smartly dressed coming down my street, on my side..... cue to get the phone in hand and hold my dog.... they do not know that i have a small dog but he does bark almighty if he doesn't like people on his territory... They come to the door, knock.... haven't they learnt that there is a door bell for a purpose to deaf people.... another knock I texted the Police community support officer to let him know (he knows i had problem with JW's) then put 999 on my phone and thumb on.... close the internal door with the dog behind it. Open the door, smile and show them the phone, they usually flap and walk away, if they are staggering, i say do you want me to send the dog.... they do walk faster... once they are out of the gate and slightly out of sight (ie they can't see the dog behind the fence), i send the dog, he runs growling and barking up to them.

Now then i haven't had them for quite long time so perhaps they got the message. I hope so....

Sorry for hijacking the post...

just place an upside-down cross outside your house if you're constantly being bothered by JH :)

Back