Getting Attention

I admit that we throw things at each other to get attention. Of course, nothing dangerous object.

my so likes to throw things at me to get my attention... like shoes... so maybe I should start throwing them back... wonder if it will work...

If you throw something at me to get my attention, expect to get pinged in the head with that very object.

If you need my attention, either walk to me and tap me on the shoulder or if you are unable to get to me and it is urgent, waving your hands is also acceptable. Also, tapping your foot on the floor is a good way.

Yelling at me like I am an idiot is pointless - and believe me I will make sure you are the one that looks like a bigger idiot.

Here wave, stamp floor, or throw something more level of knees . Never touch me.

I have learned over the years that I am incredibly naive and I try to keep this in mind, but I have to say I am just dumbfounded that so many of you actually have stuff thrown at you to get your attention. That's just rude, I don't care if you're deaf or not. My reaction would be the same as yours...throw something at me and you'd better duck because it's likely to come right back at you!

On the other hand, I'm glad I read this thread because I wouldn't have thought so much about tapping on the shoulder or arm from behind. I can see where it would be unnerving though. I learned in my ASL class to wave or walk in the line of vision to get someone's attention. They definitely don't provide an acceptable list of objects to throw!...at least not in ASL 1.:roll:
Geez, people amaze me.

I hate it when someone throws something at me; I always throws the object back. But it's always something light so no harm is done. I like rockin'robin's suggestion to throw something heavier back... Maybe I will warn first then if happens again return fire with a heavier object.

I prefer someone just walk up to me and tap me lightly on the shoulder. But, if you REALLY want to get my attention, then just slide a hand across my shoulder and... :naughty:

I don't mind the light, but just blink it once... please...

Foot stomping and hollering are ok sometimes. but in a noisy place doesn't work well for me. I'm used to tuning out things that I cannot understand. So if you are in another room, probably not a good idea to holler at me.

Back