Gay marriage supporters take to California streets

lumbingmi

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Protests continued Friday in several California cities, including San Francisco, Palm Springs and Long Beach, over the passage of Proposition 8, which outlaws same-sex marriage.
The ballot initiative, which passed 52.5 percent to 47.5 percent Tuesday, overturns a May ruling by the California Supreme Court that struck down a 2000 ban on same-sex unions.
In San Francisco, an estimated 2,000 protesters marched down Market Street toward Dolores Park. The march stretched out for at least three city blocks, and the protesters completely blocked Market Street's westbound lanes and the eastbound lanes in places.
"I believe that politics and religion should be completely separate," protester Eric Rogers told CNN affiliate KGO-TV. "This has been, actually, one of those lines that has been blurred by that."

Gay marriage supporters take to California streets - CNN.com

People need to calm down and wait for next poll to make legal. There are people aren't, at least, complain over Obama. Geez, they don't know how to be patience.

People need to calm down and wait for next poll to make legal. There are people aren't, at least, complain over Obama. Geez, they don't know how to be patience.

Who cares? :roll:

It's serves for our equality rights.

Sj

I went to the San Jose rally on Nov 9th. It was fun walking around downtown SJ for two hours. I was the only deaf person.

When people arbitrarily and illegally decide to take your rights away with a decision that has no impact on them, it's hard to just sit and wait for them to come around.

When people arbitrarily and illegally decide to take your rights away with a decision that has no impact on them, it's hard to just sit and wait for them to come around.

There is vote that already spoke. More people decide to say YES to ban em.

It's people's decide to told so, it's their right.

If they want to re-vote to make legal, then wait for another poll come up to make LEGAL.

To me, they're waste their time and their life to spend on street and riot.

There is vote that already spoke. More people decide to say YES to ban em.

It's people's decide to told so, it's their right.

If they want to re-vote to make legal, then wait for another poll come up to make LEGAL.

To me, they're waste their time and their life to spend on street and riot.

What you don't understand is that they did it wrong.

The California State Legislature are the only ones that have the right to amend the state constitution and put it to the voters to vote on the issue or not.

The people of California can't go around the Legislature to amend the Constitution. It's illegal and unconstitutional.

If you can't understand that--maybe you need to take Civics 101 as well as Government 101. :roll:

What you don't understand is that they did it wrong.

The California State Legislature are the only ones that have the right to amend the state constitution and put it to the voters to vote on the issue or not.

The people of California can't go around the Legislature to amend the Constitution. It's illegal and unconstitutional.

If you can't understand that--maybe you need to take Civics 101 as well as Government 101. :roll:

I aware of it...

Repeat: People's choice
If you don't like World War, hiv/aids' right, color civil right, drugs, wrong president and other... Too bad, live with it.

I aware of it...

If you don't like World War, hiv/aids' right, color civil right, drugs, wrong president and other... Too bad, live with it.

Not when it comes to abusing and hurting the minorities.

Would you like it if we decided to send all Koreans back to Korea?

I aware of it...

It is the SC’s job to overturn unconstitutional laws. They are supposed to serve the Constitution, not "the will of the people." If they did that, interracial marriages would still be illegal in some states, and probably half of the US would still be segregated.

It is the SC’s job to overturn unconstitutional laws. They are supposed to serve the Constitution, not "the will of the people." If they did that, interracial marriages would still be illegal in some states, and probably half of the US would still be segregated.

What's SC?

update:
Never mind, I figure it would be Supreme Court, isn't it? *sigh* maybe I should ask people to vote to ban on Internet language. Haha. That make me wonder if every teenage would riot to bring Internet back.

Back