Gay marriage supporters take to California streets

Hey, that's life whatever you're live in the country.

Not for me! I don't have the defeatest attitude of "Love it or Leave it."

How about Love it or FIX it. That's what I am going to do. Can't scare me off :giggle:

Not for me! I don't have the defeatest attitude of "Love it or Leave it."

How about Love it or FIX it. That's what I am going to do. Can't scare me off :giggle:

Okay, good luck. Don't hurt them, okay? ;)

Prop 8 debate on Dr. Phill's TV show today. I am surprised to learn that our Bill of Rights has been modified 11 times because this bill is supposed to be protected as original constitution that cannot be changed.

I am sorely dissappointed that Prop 8 passed.

My thoughts are as follows, a marriage is more than a religious union, it is two consenting adults coming together to legally announce that they wish to spend the rest of their lives together to love and to respect each other and share each others responsibilities as one unit. Sadly, this country is beginning to legislate discrimination the very reason why this country was formed in the first place. Our government is being overrun by religious fanatics and religion in my opinion has no place in politics. Our government has begun regulating our private affairs. As one member here on AD has shared with me that if you do not want gay marriage, don't get one!

Don't take this as unpatriotic, but the more this country deteriorates politically and gubernatorially the more I want to emigrate to the UK where they are more progressive as a society and not afraid to stand up for what is right as a country.

There needs to be more people telling the government to stay out of private lives otherwise in a number of years we will be told exactly what we can and cannot do. Our laws are becoming increasingly ridiculous and when the religious fanatics reach a point in which they have created a monster they cannot control they will be cornered by their own doing.

Don't take this as unpatriotic, but the more this country deteriorates politically and gubernatorially the more I want to emigrate to the UK.

unfortunately gay marriage is not permitted in UK either. At least as far as I know. You would have to move to Canada for that.

I am sorely dissappointed that Prop 8 passed.

My thoughts are as follows, a marriage is more than a religious union, it is two consenting adults coming together to legally announce that they wish to spend the rest of their lives together to love and to respect each other and share each others responsibilities as one unit. Sadly, this country is beginning to legislate discrimination the very reason why this country was formed in the first place. Our government is being overrun by religious fanatics and religion in my opinion has no place in politics. Our government has begun regulating our private affairs. As one member here on AD has shared with me that if you do not want gay marriage, don't get one!

Don't take this as unpatriotic, but the more this country deteriorates politically and gubernatorially the more I want to emigrate to the UK where they are more progressive as a society and not afraid to stand up for what is right as a country.

There needs to be more people telling the government to stay out of private lives otherwise in a number of years we will be told exactly what we can and cannot do. Our laws are becoming increasingly ridiculous and when the religious fanatics reach a point in which they have created a monster they cannot control they will be cornered by their own doing.

Have a little ye faith sweetie! :)

I'm a little disappointed as well but do have faith with the Supreme Court.

In future, you guys could tell others to make some list for a next new ballot to "revenge" the churches what they have done to you for the Prop 8.

For example, limited numbers of church buildings, or strict limited donations to churches, or to force all churches to provide all shelters temporary homes.

Anything that you have better ideas for a ballot. You know the churches have billions of dollars in the business for many years. Think of a difference for a better social life and same sex marriage flexible. Hope that helps.

unfortunately gay marriage is not permitted in UK either. At least as far as I know. You would have to move to Canada for that.

But UK does have civil unions, same rights as marriage.

In future, you guys could tell others to make some list for a next new ballot to "revenge" the churches what they have done to you for the Prop 8.

For example, limited numbers of church buildings, or strict limited donations to churches, or to force all churches to provide all shelters temporary homes.

Anything that you have better ideas for a ballot. You know the churches have billions of dollars in the business for many years. Think of a difference for a better social life and same sex marriage flexible. Hope that helps.

lol. :rofl2:

But UK does have civil unions, same rights as marriage.

Yes, they have civil unions in the UK that have the same legal rights as marriage and so forth.

I seriously hope that during Obama's time as president that we will eventually get the civil union that has the same rights as marriage.

Ironically Eureka Springs, AR is the only city in this area of the US that recognizes gay marriages. There is a strong gay community there and they often get people from all over the country to go their to get their marriage license so they can be legally recognized as a gay couple.

Back