Gally summer program?

Finn

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a 16 year old looking to possibly go to Gallaudet this summer for a summer camp that has to do with building a business. I have cookie bite hearing loss in my left ear and severe auditory processing disorder. I wear hearing aids that help with my auditory processing disorder. I know sign language pretty well. I can understand pretty much everything as long as it is not super fast. Do you think I will be allowed to go to Gallaudet even though I'm not deaf? Also anyone who has taken this camp and tell me if you likes it? Thanks a ton!!!

Sounds exciting! I'd make sure I was *really* comfortable before going. The teacher won't be able to slow down just for you, you know? If you do go, make sure you pop in and let us know how it went. :)

Gally,accepts HOH and auditory nereopathy kids, so I assume that they'd accept someone with severe auditory processing disorder......

I don't see why not- I knew someone who had auditory processing disorder (she also happened to be severely vision impaired) when I attended Gallaudet many years ago.

and Bballboy, (who was raised auditory verbal) went to a Gally summer camp, and loved it.

So are there people there who talk or do they all sign?

Sounds exciting! I'd make sure I was *really* comfortable before going. The teacher won't be able to slow down just for you, you know? If you do go, make sure you pop in and let us know how it went. :)

Good idea. I got all of my paperwork filled out today! :) I am very excited I will be sure to tell you how it went!

Go for it! My friend, PrincessBetty1, is planning to go there, too. She is just like you. :)

yes anyone can go to Gallaudet camp. Some age limit too. IIRC there is a science program for HS teens. But dunno about business. There are business programs for college students and professionals.

I'm planning to go to the science one at Gally!

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Back