Gally Hillel Members...Question

iaskedalice09

Reaction score
Are there any Modern Orthodox shuls near Gally (i.e., within walking distance)? Are there any Jews at Gally that keep Shabbos (shomrei Shabbos)?

Ask Paula Tucker at Hillel@gallaudent.edu

When will you be attending Galluadet? I didn't attended Galluadet but I had visited it. It looks like it is in a bad neighborhood. I hope there is one right on the campus so you don't have to walk far.

I can walk. If you have problem with your health. Talk to Counselor can help you. It won't long walk. I love walk.

Nighbors are not worthy. I help you. Come and join us. We happy to help you.

I can walk. If you have problem with your health. Talk to Counselor can help you. It won't long walk. I love walk.

Nighbors are not worthy. I help you. Come and join us. We happy to help you.

Orthodox jewish people don't drive on Sabbaths (Saturday) so they have to walk and I think there is a limit to how far they can walk on Sabbaths. Nothing to do with heath problems.

Are there any Modern Orthodox shuls near Gally (i.e., within walking distance)? Are there any Jews at Gally that keep Shabbos (shomrei Shabbos)?

not sure abt it... u can contact organization of Gallaudet Hillel to help u out...

farwell65, I gave her the email address of the Hillel at Gally. She proably is busy with Rosh Hashanah - jewish new year. I think it is year 5769 now.

Hi!

Shana Tov/Happy New Year, all!

Yes, it is 5769 now.

And Orthodox Jews don't drive on Shabbos due to the prohibition of kindling or extinguishing a fire...a car operates by both on Shabbos and holidays.

While I'm not fully shomer Shabbos (I'm male - female is shomera and plural is shomrei), I hope to be in college.

I will contact Gally's director of Hillel.

Thanks!

Ooh, and I will attend probably Fall 2010. Yeah, it doesn't have to be an actual shul but with shul you have a good chance for minyan (group of 10 Jewish men) so you can say important prayers like the full Shema, Amidah, etc.. I know many Jews who go to some place and form a minyan there. No rabbi required.

Iaskedalice09, I am sorry for assuming that you are a female. I guess it is because of the "alice" part that had pointed me in the wrong direction.

I hope you will make into Gally and make it a great experience.

Back