Gallaudet

I thought NTID was RIT? If I go to the NTID.RIT.EDU website, and click on the programs it offers, it basically goes to the main RIT.edu website.

NTID program is at RIT. I thought you knew what does NTID stands for and RIT stands for. I encourage you to research on RIT/NTID then you will know which courses you need to take for.

Yeah its National Technical Institute for the Deaf. How bout you not be a smart ass next time and just inform people.

Did you go to RIT? You talk as if you did.

Yeah its National Technical Institute for the Deaf. How bout you not be a smart ass next time and just inform people.

Did you go to RIT? You talk as if you did.

Right. So If you are planning to get a BS degree therefore your courses/major are at RIT then It's not NTID. That's all I know of.

Nope, you forget that I did post on your thread that I graduated from Gallaudet. ;)

I don't know that kokonut isn't fluent in ASL.

Chuck, you could pick whatever you want, also RIT is more harder than Gally, that what I heard and it is fine if you are very good with math, english, reading, etc.

Right. So If you are planning to get a BS degree therefore your courses/major are at RIT then It's not NTID. That's all I know of.

Nope, you forget that I did post on your thread that I graduated from Gallaudet. ;)

and he could use NTID tuition to take RIT classes to receive BA/BS, I believe so.

I will start community college in Jan, just 1 year before ready for Gally.

I have to warn you - RIT is in middle of.............. nowhere! that can make you feel depressed and lonely. Gally's in a city so... up to you.

Yup, Jiro, that why I picked Gally because of more thing to do and not far away from NYC.

Rochester metro has similar population as Birmingham metro does.

and he could use NTID tuition to take RIT classes to receive BA/BS, I believe so.

I will start community college in Jan, just 1 year before ready for Gally.

Thanks Foxrac, i am not aware of that one that they can do that with the tuition. From my understanding that NTID do offer a AA degree program. If they want BS/BA then take RIT classes.

Good luck with your community college.

Thanks Foxrac, i am not aware of that one that they can do that with the tuition. From my understanding that NTID do offer a AA degree program. If they want BS/BA then take RIT classes.

Good luck with your community college.

Thanks, I went to new student orientation in last Friday and already registered the 4 classes, I'm awaiting for loan or financial aid to pay the classes and some resources.

Cool. I know it's so hard to go back to school all over again after not schooling for a while. Id love to go back to school but it isn't a good timing for me. oh dang!

Cool. I know it's so hard to go back to school all over again after not schooling for a while. Id love to go back to school but it isn't a good timing for me. oh dang!

Yup, I was in nervous for over week and have expect too much when school start.

I had felt like dumb about not going to Gally after graduation from high school in 2006 due stupid state exam, cancel the SAT and my school don't have good preparation for college, also I was supposed to enroll at Gally in 2007 but changed my mind due financial issue.

I remember about Gally protest in 2006 and I had put Gally on hold until issue has addressed with president and end the protest, it was big time for sure.

Yup, I was in nervous for over week and have expect too much when school start.

I had felt like dumb about not going to Gally after graduation from high school in 2006 due stupid state exam, cancel the SAT and my school don't have good preparation for college, also I was supposed to enroll at Gally in 2007 but changed my mind due financial issue.

I remember about Gally protest in 2006 and I had put Gally on hold until issue has addressed with president and end the protest, it was big time for sure.

Nah. It's possible that your time wasn't ready. Remember going to school is no fun but it is part of learning, meeting people in order to get a better social networking, improving your experience relating with your job if you are so passion about your major. It will leads you to something else what you want it to be. Having some passion is very important than just finishing school with no passion will not help at all. :|
I am sure that you are going to be fine this time.

Yeah for sure. Some of the clubs seem pretty damn cool at RIT.

I thought NTID was RIT? If I go to the NTID.RIT.EDU website, and click on the programs it offers, it basically goes to the main RIT.edu website.

no, it's not. NTID is a college within RIT, like college of science and gleason college of engineering. NTID has specialized programs (some of them are 2-year degrees) and services. i applied through RIT (physics program, which wasn't offered through NTID) and got accepted. i only requested services from NTID - interpreters.

I have to warn you - RIT is in middle of.............. nowhere! that can make you feel depressed and lonely. Gally's in a city so... up to you.

I would love to be in the middle of nowhere. That's how I grew up :)

hhhhmmmm..... even more interesting....

Vlogging/Blogging Conference at Gallaudet University - dated Feb 3, 2007 (skip to 28:50 to see kokonut "speaking" at the conference)

Interesting that you are not signing for this conference... and I thought you're ASL-fluent? :hmm: but you did sign briefly and.... your signing skill is exactly same as mine. clumsy. :giggle:

This video won't play on my PC.

WMP sucks, I wish that Gally use Quicktime to play the video.

I remember going to those wild frat parties at Arizona State Universsity..I see no difference with the partying issue at both universities.

I am d/hh student attending a hearing state college, but my accommodations are made simple: I have online lectures meaning lots of powerpoints to go by and lots of reading in the books. My labs are on campus and I pair up with someone that can help me understand if I don't hear what the professor has said.

Like for this spring semester I'll be taking Intro to Film online and I'll have World Civ II as an evening lecture on campus. I'll just have to remember Names, Dates, and Events and watch movies.

Now when I go to complete my Foreign Language requirements, I'll complete my Spanish II, but given that the speaking exam is given on a cheap tape cassette w/ poor audio I will ask that I be given those in written form and have more 'reading' questions, but I'll have to respond to those questions open endedly versus having a multiple choice. This way I have an accommodation, but it doesn't give me an unfair advantage over the rest of the class.

Back