Gallaudet need improve....

EDGE

Reaction score
FOOTBALL!

The campus need nice fancy football stadium, move from Division III to II, stay strong n' sprited

Why I'm saying because it's normal that many public business will able to recognition the unversity. And even know bit more about that campus.

Football pride will affect more public business in nationwide who will know little about this unversity and probably able to hired the graduated student.

I do recall that Jordan King as previous president is one who doesn't put enough fund on football compare before he was elected. Gallaudet used to be narrow recognition-able.

EDGE said:
The campus need nice fancy football stadium, move from Division III to II, stay strong n' sprited.
IIRC, Gally's football team is a club and you might want to lower your expectations a little bit. :) Maybe Gallaudet can move up to Division III, a move they have done in the past. (Gally's football team did not fare too well in Division III, IIRC.)

Even better, improve the academics there, before pouring $$$ into the athletics program at Gallaudet. No question, the recent success of Gally's football team has energized the Gallaudet community, but things need to be put into perspective.

You probably should ask deaf from Class mid-80s-90s that been told that Jordan King been spent more support on stupid polo water than football does.

Eyeth said:
IIRC, Gally's football team is a club and you might want to lower your expectations a little bit. :) Maybe Gallaudet can move up to Division III, a move they have done in the past. (Gally's football team did not fare too well in Division III, IIRC.)

Even better, improve the academics there, before pouring $$$ into the athletics program at Gallaudet. No question, the recent success of Gally's football team has energized the Gallaudet community, but things need to be put into perspective.

THANK YOU! Even before I read your reply I was thinking that there are a lot of things that could be improved before we focus on football. As you said, it's a club sport, and has been since 2003 (I think I got that year right).

Academics aside, there's a lot that needs to be worked on before the football field. Fixing the recently collapsed Hanson Plaza bridge would be a good start, or the crumbling Field House. Just ideas.

This year, GU fball will play club level and some DIII level then next year, they move up to all DIII level games...

RaeRae said:
Sure! Lets forget all about education and focus entirely on football! :ugh2:
Don't you re-read that Jordan King was focus on water polo so awful?

EDGE said:
You probably should ask deaf from Class mid-80s-90s that been told that Jordan King been spent more support on stupid polo water than football does.

Well, Eyeth was there during that time. Eyeth?

Edge, are you really saying that a new football field will allow GU to recruit more graduates to work for them?

EDGE said:
FOOTBALL!

Football pride will affect more public business in nationwide who will know little about this unversity and probably able to hired the graduated student.

By playing a "nice fancy" football at Gally will get more graduated students to be hired? WTF..

ayala920 said:
Well, Eyeth was there during that time. Eyeth?
I never really focused on sports at Gally, so I really don't know. I didn't even know we had a water polo team! I do know that athletics at Gallaudet really didn't garner the attention it deserved from the student body, the faculty and administration.

Back