Gallaudet Film

Yes The poem was performed by Manny Hernadez from New York City. He had dropped out and returned to Gally a few times until he finished his degree at last. He used to belong to the Class of 1990 organization that I am a proud member of. :)

So cool!

What happened with the 'stupid boy'?

He didn't care about me (he didn't care about my feelings, all he cared about getting what he wanted) I don't know what happen to him. I stayed behind because I was "in love" I was stupid for allowing some boy to hold me back. But in the end I did go to a local community college for awhile. it was a very much a struggle because I thought I could learn everything by textbooks like I did in high school.

If they have photography class, I would go if we move near there.

He didn't care about me (he didn't care about my feelings, all he cared about getting what he wanted) I don't know what happen to him. I stayed behind because I was "in love" I was stupid for allowing some boy to hold me back. But in the end I did go to a local community college for awhile. it was a very much a struggle because I thought I could learn everything by textbooks like I did in high school.

Ouch! That hurt. I understand and it is bad to go to the community college with no deaf program so that you can understand what is going on in the classrooms. As for me, instead of going to Gally, I went to Seattle Central Community College in Seattle, Washington in 1974 and they have a Deaf program. I was very happy to have interpreters with ASL and got all my grades better than in high school. The only problem was I did not finish it because I was kind of discouraged about trying to understand Psychology (I hate that subject). It does not make any sense to me. I love Sociology and I got the best grade ever. :)

If you can find a community college with a Deaf program, you will feel much better and also be around deaf people too. But still I wish I could have gone to Gallaudet University, even though I have never visit Washington, D.C. before.

The film itself is a powerful film. It is really good. I like how they got the pictures to look 3-D and well put together. The way they made the images and story flow.... like how ASL flows.

Yeah, the problem was that I didn't know any sign language. So I couldn't use an interpreter. I did try an neckloop but it didn't do me any good in some classes. There was a community college that had a deaf program.. well, I'm not really sure what they do but they were suppose to help deaf people, but it was about 1 hour away. I didn't take it because I had a job at the time. So I picked something local, thinking I could do it. I was really lost on what to do, actually. Now I'm older, I know exactly what I need.

but yeah, my grades where better. I did have notetakers.. but there were terrible teachers that were very hard to understand and to add an insult, someone told me that she did not want to be responsible to be my notetaker and no one would volunteer. Back in those days, I am not sure they were required to have a professional notetaker for me.

They can evaluate your ASL skills so they can refer you to attend free ASL courses in order to advance your fluency in ASL.

That would be wonderful, but I'd have to take a trip up there. Not to mention, the free ASL courses probably would be there as well, right?

I already made a similar thread in Deaf Education forum here. :)

haha yea that would be nice if more ASP partying here then I would get more bratwurst. :drool:

Right on! Many people still love our famous bratwursts.

Three years ago, I went to Gally for my fraternity's 60th anniversary. At halftime during the homecoming football game, there were a very long line up in waiting for our brats at our booth as there were all short line ups at other students organization booths for hamburgers and etc. :)

Right on! Many people still love our famous bratwursts.

Three years ago, I went to Gally for my fraternity's 60th anniversary. At halftime during the homecoming football game, there were a very long line up in waiting for our brats at our booth as there were all short line ups at other students organization booths for hamburgers and etc. :)

haha I wouldnt be surprised!!! Every time, I went to t ASP parties, i ended up had 2 or 3 brats that night. LOL I think I did add saukauska and cheese. :shock: No wonder I was such a chubby girl. lol

Loved the film. Truly shows the transformative nature of Gallaudet. On technical merits, the film is superbly done.

Back