Gallaudet at risk of losing accreditation

Not .... surprised .... at ... all.

I knew a few deafies from Indiana that withdrew from Gally. In my really humble opinion, Gally has too much "deaf power" that the hearing community probably don't give a fuck about.

I'm glad I didn't join that university or RIT in the first place; those 2 are the very LAST places I'd go ..... from beyond the grave.

RIT? You means NTID? RIT have better education and more outstanding with hearing people than Gally does.

Bad news... I refuse go to Gally because tuition fee is full pain ass, even worse than university with mostly hearing people and probably more expensive than NTID does. I'm not surprised that their fee is continue to increase after 2 students got murdered in 2001.

Fuck to them, also I don't want VR support because they are full of BS.

Bad news... I refuse go to Gally because tuition fee is full pain ass, even worse than university with mostly hearing people and probably more expensive than NTID does. I'm not surprised that their fee is continue to increase after 2 students got murdered in 2001.

Fuck to them, also I don't want VR support because they are full of BS.

RIT allows socialization with the hearing. Gally doesn't.

RIT allows socialization with the hearing. Gally doesn't.

OH pls! There are hearing grad students at Gally living at the dorms. If Gally doesnt allow it, then they would have been kicked out. What about the HUDs (hearing undergrads)?

OH pls! There are hearing grad students at Gally living at the dorms. If Gally doesnt allow it, then they would have been kicked out. What about the HUDs (hearing undergrads)?

That's interesting. Yes, they do allow hearing students at Gally yet the socialization with Hearing is low. Would you like to explain that to me, hmm? I'm just curious to hear your opinion.

That's interesting. Yes, they do allow hearing students at Gally yet the socialization with Hearing is low. Would you like to explain that to me, hmm? I'm just curious to hear your opinion.

I went to Gally and I dont recall any of my hearing friends complaining about not being able to socialize with deaf people. I have no idea where this concept is coming from unless I missed it. I went to socials and I saw both hearing and deafies socializing with each other just fine. Maybe I hung out with a good group of open-minded people who accept each other's differences.

The point is not all students at Gally are like that as u stated. If so, then it must be a small group or a group that I missed encountering with?

No, life at Gally wasnt perfect and like some other ADers mentioned, there are cliques, snobby people, racist people, religous fanantics, backstabbers, and so many more but mostly people were there to learn and get their education not to last out on the differences in people. Heck, I was a student there when the murders happened so we had a murderer in our midst. :eek3:

My brother was an undergrad student at Gally and I remember he and his buds enjoyed socializing with my deaf and hearing classmates too.

Most of my hearing classmates lived at the dorms and I dont remember any of them saying they felt rejected just because of their hearing status. The only complaint I heard was about their ASL skills not good enough to keep up with their deaf friends and that they were trying their best. :dunno:

Even one of my hearing classmates married a deaf guy that she met at Gally! :)

I am sure there are deaf militants who reject hearing people but it must be a small group as more and more deaf people are getting CIs and more and more hearing people learning ASL now that it is offered in the high schools and many universities.

I know Gallaudet has its problems that needs to be addressed so I hope it makes for a better Gallaudet.

I went to Gally and I dont recall any of my hearing friends complaining about not being able to socialize with deaf people. I have no idea where this concept is coming from unless I missed it. I went to socials and I saw both hearing and deafies socializing with each other just fine. Maybe I hung out with a good group of open-minded people who accept each other's differences.

The point is not all students at Gally are like that as u stated. If so, then it must be a small group or a group that I missed encountering with?

No, life at Gally wasnt perfect and like some other ADers mentioned, there are cliques, snobby people, racist people, religous fanantics, backstabbers, and so many more but mostly people were there to learn and get their education not to last out on the differences in people. Heck, I was a student there when the murders happened so we had a murderer in our midst. :eek3:

My brother was an undergrad student at Gally and I remember he and his buds enjoyed socializing with my deaf and hearing classmates too.

Most of my hearing classmates lived at the dorms and I dont remember any of them saying they felt rejected just because of their hearing status. The only complaint I heard was about their ASL skills not good enough to keep up with their deaf friends and that they were trying their best. :dunno:

Even one of my hearing classmates married a deaf guy that she met at Gally! :)

I am sure there are deaf militants who reject hearing people but it must be a small group as more and more deaf people are getting CIs and more and more hearing people learning ASL now that it is offered in the high schools and many universities.

I know Gallaudet has its problems that needs to be addressed so I hope it makes for a better Gallaudet.

I've heard a different story from other Gally students, but I do agree that I wish them the best in improving themselves.

If Bob Davila can save NTID before, he can do it again with Gally.

Maybe the socialization with hearing at Gallaudet seems low to you because NTID is on a hearing campus in overwhelming numbers compared to the number of deaf students?

Really about NTID?

Maybe the socialization with hearing at Gallaudet seems low to you because NTID is on a hearing campus in overwhelming numbers compared to the number of deaf students?

I have never been there but if that's the case then about NTID then it makes sense that it would seem that socialization with hearing at Gallaudet would see low to people who went to NTID.

Yeah, Shel, I THINK I saw that the enrollment at RIT was somewhere in the neighborhood of 12--17 thou students. Vampy will be along eventually and set this srtaight......

Yes, not to mention they wished that socialization with the hearing in Gallaudet equals that to RIT.

Back