Fuck Science! I am Armed with a Personal Anecdote!

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
Charlie Wilcox: 'Smoking thousands of cigarettes was GOOD for my unborn daughter' | Mail Online

A young mother smoked 3,500 cigarettes while pregnant – claiming it was good for her baby.

Charlie Wilcox, whose daughter Lilly is now 14 weeks, reckoned that smoking would make her unborn child’s heart stronger by restricting her oxygen supply and forcing her heart to work harder.

While she was pregnant Miss Wilcox told BBC3’s Misbehaving Mums To Be: ‘It’s making the baby use its heart on its own in the first place, so that when it comes out, it’s going to be able to do them (sic) things by itself.

[ Read more here. ]

That's awful. She won't win mother of the year!

This is a very disturbed woman. Hope children's services gets involved before something tragic happens to this child.

One thing I can't stand is seeing pregnant girls or women smoking while they are pregnant. I've even been asked if I had a cigarette by a few, and I said "NO, and you should not smoke while you are pregnant".....all I got in response was a "smirk"...really pisses me off.

theres always explanations for why suck weirdos exists...it doesnt surprise me much, its a kind of protest 'against control' but a very mixed up one...

smoking while pregnant

I would want to ask this totally selfish person, if you seriously consider that your stress from withdraw will effect your unborn child..duh..then quit smoking when you start trying to become pregnant. or better yet never start.. This really proves my theory that if you are so selfish that the thought of you having to be stressed out because you have to give up smoking for your child, what kind of mother are you going to turn out to be.
What other sacrifices will you refuse to make for your childs well being simply because...it's to hard ( whining)...it makes me sick!

Some ppl think of having a child like wanting a new rug... Oh but I WANT IT! (whining ugh)
never considering that raising a child is a lifelong commitment. Others use pregnancy to "trap" a man into a relationship that seldom works. While some married women having marriage problems think,,,Oh I will have a nother baby, that will bring us closer and all our problems will disappear. I can not
believe anyone would think this is OK. Please let this innocent child not suffer at the hands of its own mother...Hello Child Services...Midnight♥♥♥

The baby might appear healthy now, but the effects of Drugs which includes nicotine often show up later, the child could end up developmentally behind. I see this all the time.

I think child social services get involved.

I knew a young mother that smoked like crazy when she was pregnant!
The baby was born still born! The couple broke not long after they lost their baby! They had one child . I was shocked at how much she was smoking while
pregnant! It was like 2 packs a day!

Poor little baby. I hope she didnt suffer any long-term health problems from this stupid "experiment".

Doesn't sound like an experiement. Sounds like a selfish mother that did not want to quit and she is making excuses for why she is smoking. Trying to make it sound like it is a good thing. Science has proven over and over that smoking causes damage to the fetus.

Doesn't sound like an experiement. Sounds like a selfish mother that did not want to quit and she is making excuses for why she is smoking. Trying to make it sound like it is a good thing. Science has proven over and over that smoking causes damage to the fetus.

Or maybe she is a really ignorant person!! There plenty around! When I lived in Berkeley Calf. I was out with my daughter and I saw a little girl picking dirty gum off the sidewalk and eating it!! I told the dad as I thought he did not see his daughter doing this . The guy told me that he let his daughter eat the gum
as it will help her body build up a resistant to germs!! WTF!! I was so GROSS
OUT!! What fool would let their child eat gum that people walked on and dogs peed on!!

shes not really smart is she? always a high chance of birth defects but hey...thats her own baby shes going to mess up, so not my problem.

Back