Frustrated

mnshorten

Reaction score
I've been actively learning, and using sign language for about 8 months now. And I feel pretty comfortable with using it, but what I have trouble knowing what other people are saying to me. I try to watch Youtube videos to get better at knowing what people are saying when they're speaking in ASL, but most of the time I am only able to catch every other word. I am very frustrated with myself for not learning this faster. I feel like an idiot when people try to talk to me and I have no idea what they're saying. Anyways I just wanted to vent, feel free to play the world's smallest violin now...

-Monique

Relax. It is like learning to read, after a while you don't see individual letters just the whole word. If the you tube signer is using asl and not SEE then it will be harder.

I understand possible, I think so community Alldeaf bigger ASL this weekend I will avaible space, I do for you available I tutor people no worry best no idoit people :) avaible free space on I jump on space Friday to Sunday only, for ASL cheer! I will teach practice to people :)

both SEE both ASL! no matter up to you choice ASL and SEE

Yea most people mix SEE and ASL anyway :)

yeah people mixing to SEE and ASL, lots of ASL and SEE oh i see interesting,

people misunderstand confused to ASL and SEE ,

I advise to make sure clear to ASL help better understood

people misunderstand to SEE.. depend on influence! I know SEE is not easy misunderstand!

Back