Friends with "benefits"

what is your opinion about friends with "benefits"?

1. Don't Kiss and Tell
2. Wear a Cowboy Hat
3. Keep it fun. If it's not, let go. The whole point is raunchy, steamy sex and temporary relief from "SF" -Sexually Frustrated.
4. Make it clear you or your partner can see other people because that's what the relationship is.
5. Doesn't have to be completely shallow- make breakfast or some other thoughtful gesture. no "nail-and-bail".

To be honest with you guys, I have never had a fuck buddy. But I do recall a question I asked someone who had a fuck buddy.

This person is....was my girlfriend's female friend. After I asked her the question about her sex lifestyle she disappeared. The three of us hung out several times partying and I could tell that she was starving for attention. Out of the blue she started talking about how she had a fuck buddy with no strings attached.

After her story ended I asked her, "If your fuck buddy is really great in bed and satisfies you very well sexually. All this with a simple phone call asking if he has the time for sex only. Now you want to find a good man who can be a good in bed and a good father to your kids. I ask you this question: How is the potential life mate going to read your body language at the bar and tell that you are looking for a man?"

She looked at me funny and then explained that there are no strings attached and further elaborated. I then told her, "Say that I was single. I look at you and you act satisfied because you get laid. How is a guy supposed to read your body language if you don't act single simply because you are satisfied by your fuck buddy that no one knows about?"

She said, "Blah Blah Blah", again elaborating her story like a guy who goes to a strip club and comes home to tell stories to his buddies.

After that day, she disappeared.

My conclusion: You get into the life style of having a fuck buddy like jumping into a pool not knowing whether the water is warm or cold. You get lucky all the way or get burnt several times. After acquiring the experience of the lifestyle, you know what the unwritten rules/laws are of having a fuck buddy.

Final question to alldeaf readers: Which end of the fuck buddy life style, before or after, would be healthier psychologically or physical health wise?

oh yea...

get tested and keep partners number for like six months just in case.

NUH-UH no way. I don't do friends with benefits.
taking advantage of everything which is friends with benefits

I dont do that because I am not sexually attracted to my friends...just my hubby only. :)

Having a "Friend with Benefits" is safer than going to a bar every weekend and going home with someone different every time. If you feel that you need to get laid all the time and you aren't in a committed relationship it's at least better than that. There is a lot of baggage that comes with it though.

quirkylibra, great post!!!!! And I am SO glad I haven't gotten attacked. I sometimes think it would be nice to have a fuck buddy, just to get off.....BUT it really isn't as satisfying as being with someone you love. Heck, I've "reacted" when someone I really love told me they loved me.

Nothin too bad Tousi.. something along the lines of this:
Waiting_For_OP.jpg

Libra, that is true. Baggage will always feel safer than STD's. Sad but true facts of today's everyday lives. Then again psychologocial issues, baggage, can affect your health as much as STD health issues can.

Back