'Fried bubblegum' named most creative food

rockin'robin

Reaction score
DALLAS (UPI) -- A concoction of pink marshmallows blended in bubblegum extract and fried in bubblegum batter has been named most creative food by State Fair of Texas judges.

"It's ooey, gooey and sticky," said fair judge Kristi Scales, sideline reporter for the Dallas Cowboys Radio Network. I recommend parents bring some Handi Wipes.

People can't blow bubbles with the fried "bubblegum," which is topped with blue icing and sprinkled with Chiclets, The Dallas Morning News reported.

The entry's creator, Justin Martinez, said he first tried to actually fry bubblegum.

"It absolutely was a disaster," Martinez said. It just sits there and you bite into it and all you're really eating is oil. The way we do it is a lot better tasting.

He said it took months to "to figure out how to get the flavor of bubblegum without actually having to fry a piece of bubblegum."

The four judges also picked Buffalo Chicken in a Flapjack -- a fried buffalo chicken strip coated with flapjack batter and jalapeno crumbs and served with syrup – Monday at the seventh annual Big Tex Choice Awards.

The winning and finalist entries will be available at the fair, which runs from Sept. 30 to Oct. 23.

'Fried bubblegum' named most creative food - Weird News « ArcaMax Publishing

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

:barf:

Hmmm ... Thanks, but no. :lol:

At our State Fair here (which just recently ended), my SO had a bacon-on-a-stick which is a big fat, thick piece of bacon. So thick it doesn't even bend over on the stick. I call it heart-attack-on-a-stick.

We also had deep fried pickles on a stick.

I love our State Fair !!

Fried. Bubblegum. Not sure I'd go for it.

I like fried foods, but I'm a little burnt out on what can be tossed into a deep fryer anymore. It has passed critical mass.

I dont like gum so this just sounds repulsing...

but on another hand...then the country reflects on itself and wonders why America is the most obese country....Its because everything is fried!

Im sure people could live without fried gum....a regular stick is what 5 calories? Fried must be like 500.

that is not good health because awful serious because! on cause on long Sept to Oct not!

Hmmm ... Thanks, but no. :lol:

At our State Fair here (which just recently ended), my SO had a bacon-on-a-stick which is a big fat, thick piece of bacon. So thick it doesn't even bend over on the stick. I call it heart-attack-on-a-stick.

We also had deep fried pickles on a stick.

I love our State Fair !!
I had that a few years ago. It was good... only for one time. :)

Sounds like someone has waaaayyyy too much time on their hands. How bored (or stoned) do you have to be to think up something like fried bubblegum?:lol: I thought we had reached the outer limits with fried Twinkies.

Back