Freedom to N6?

Hockey94

Reaction score
So I was talking to my audiologist on the phone, and in September I am able to upgrade my 2006 Freedom to either a N5 or a N6.

I am unsure what to do.

I do have bilateral implants in which my right ear is the Freedom and the left ear is the N5.

I just wonder if anyone has had a N6 yet, and if they noticed any pros/cons compared to the N5.

I am more intrigued to get the N6 but I am hoping a few features remain the same like both the N5 and N6 can use the same rechargeable battery system.

I am not too worried about the remote... I have never used it... especially being so accustomed to my Freedom for six years until I got my N5.

Edit:

So I read a bit more on the Cochlear website and one of the things I read was that the N6 can detect phone signals and switch to the inbuilt telecoil. That sounds cool and useful.

the N6 is supposed to have more features than the N5 does. Don't know where you are located, but N6 is not available in the US just yet (pending FDA approval). As for the status of the N6 in other countries, I wouldn't know.

If it was me, I'd wait until the N6 was available (if I had Cochlear), just so I'd have the latest model. But it's up to you.

If you like the Freedom, you will like the N5/N6 better. When I got my second CI, they gave me a second N5 to upgrade from the Freedom. Go for it.

Back