Free Education!

that would means.... a job creation!

Not many people interest in ASL interpreters in AL and MS due to low pay.

If educated people can just create jobs then why do they all leave maine after college? Hmmm, maybe because there are no jobs here.

because there's nobody educated enough to take the jobs

So? is Obama going to be paying the teacher's salaries out of his own pocket? Is he going to pay for your books, room and board as well? My .. what deep pockets he must have.

Lottery is already set to fund in Tennessee.

Delaware has a program, may be just for HS graduates, where they can attend one of our community colleges for 2 years free. My daughter skipped this, though the free part would have been nice, because she wanted a 4 year degree in Nursing and there were no guarantees that she'd be able to transfer to the university after her the 2 years at the community college.

Syracuse NY has strong hospital background where people can apply for nurse, doctors or phycial therapy, type of doctorial stuffs. :(

Lottery is already set to fund in Tennessee.
SC has been using a state lottery to fund tuition assistance for several years. College isn't free but it provides some help. It didn't turn out to be the huge help that people expected. There are a lot of restrictions with it, too.

It depends on what job market needs. If one decided to take art degree, how this is going to get one land a job? No companies want hire starving artist because there is no demand exist.

If one decide to take college course that fits local job market demand then yes, they can land decent job.

I know it sounds dumb but its perfect example in layman term. Would a person taking training on horse shoe repair, and horse carriage builder, be able to find job after complete of training? If it was then, then yes that person would land decent job, but if it is today, is there market for horse shoe and carriage? Pretty much obsolete, right? Same concept, right decision on college degree is critical in future employment. If one decided to take Nursing course, the chances are they will land decent job, no question about it because there is huge demand in market for skilled nurses. In other words, be careful on choosing career path.

So since your in Maine, research what kind of market does Maine has to offer and work from there then you will have better luck.

BTW, I love Maine, was there for couple days at the end of 2014

If educated people can just create jobs then why do they all leave maine after college? Hmmm, maybe because there are no jobs here.

It depends on what job market needs. If one decided to take art degree, how this is going to get one land a job? No companies want hire starving artist because there is no demand exist.

If one decide to take college course that fits local job market demand then yes, they can land decent job.

I know it sounds dumb but its perfect example in layman term. Would a person taking training on horse shoe repair, and horse carriage builder, be able to find job after complete of training? If it was then, then yes that person would land decent job, but if it is today, is there market for horse shoe and carriage? Pretty much obsolete, right? Same concept, right decision on college degree is critical in future employment. If one decided to take Nursing course, the chances are they will land decent job, no question about it because there is huge demand in market for skilled nurses. In other words, be careful on choosing career path.

So since your in Maine, research what kind of market does Maine has to offer and work from there then you will have better luck.

BTW, I love Maine, was there for couple days at the end of 2014

simple... the government can create a market and incentive to create horse businesses and do marketing that Maine has a lot to offer for scenic horseback riding and all. with that... they work with local colleges to set up training courses for it.

Thats not my point, my point is about job market fitment, why chase job that has little or no demand. If one take that course, then expect to work much harder to accomplish. I know your correct about horse business, still the demand is like a drop in a bucket, meaning finding a job may tough, best is run own business. If one wants to get job faster, go where the market demand is high.

simple... the government can create a market and incentive to create horse businesses and do marketing that Maine has a lot to offer for scenic horseback riding and all. with that... they work with local colleges to set up training courses for it.

Thats not my point, my point is about job market fitment, why chase job that has little or no demand. If one take that course, then expect to work much harder to accomplish. I know your correct about horse business, still the demand is like a drop in a bucket, meaning finding a job may tough, best is run own business. If one wants to get job faster, go where the market demand is high.

that would be incorrect. any state can create a market.

I thought education was going to make the jobs?

why create courses if there are no jobs to hire nearby?

it's a multi-pronged approach - offering tax incentive to attract companies to come as well as producing qualified people.

Maybe you need to hit "law of supply and demand 101" course.

State can create market, and will fail if there is little, limited or no demand. State can not force customers to buy from market they create, and it is fact.

In other words, you can create any products to market and if no one wants it, you simply SOL and lose money, period. Same concept if one take course that nobody wants, then expect get minimal or none in return.

that would be incorrect. any state can create a market.

Depends on what kind of education, for instance if education on nursing then one can land job, if taking course that there isn't any demand in particular market exist then SOL. Simple as is.

I thought education was going to make the jobs?

Maybe you need to hit "law of supply and demand 101" course.

State can create market, and will fail if there is little, limited or no demand. State can not force customers to buy from market they create, and it is fact.

In other words, you can create any products to market and if no one wants it, you simply SOL and lose money, period. Same concept if one take course that nobody wants, then expect get minimal or none in return.

maybe you need to hit an advanced course of economy. any state can create a market. period. that is a fact. tax incentive. multi-prong approach. that's all it takes.

Texas created a high-tech market in conjunction with Texas A&M and some other colleges.

Virginia created supercomputer and biotechnology markets in conjunction with Virginia Tech.

Iowa created a server farm market in conjunction with Google.

I think you get the point now. I hope.

Depends on what kind of education, for instance if education on nursing then one can land job, if taking course that there isn't any demand in particular market exist then SOL. Simple as is.

what a simpleton approach.

If a state has full of old farts (pardon me).... then it can create a nursing market demand by working with hospitals, hospice cares, and senior communities to make it one of the best in USA. A state government can offer tax break/incentive to companies hiring the locals. Community colleges and state colleges can work together to create a high-standard education to produce high-quality nurses... which will translate into a good paying job.

States create these market as you outline, is because they knew there is market in there. If there isn't any market, state will not even try, simple as is.

When there is market, then there is success, when there isn't any market, guaranteed failures. <<<< note the period.

maybe you need to hit an advanced course of economy. any state can create a market. period. that is a fact. tax incentive. multi-prong approach. that's all it takes.

Texas created a high-tech market in conjunction with Texas A&M and some other colleges.

Virginia created supercomputer and biotechnology markets in conjunction with Virginia Tech.

Iowa created a server farm market in conjunction with Google.

I think you get the point now. I hope.

States create these market as you outline, is because they knew there is market in there. If there isn't any market, state will not even try, simple as is.

When there is market, then there is success, when there isn't any market, guaranteed failures. <<<< note the period.

thank you for proving my point. I'm glad you've finally get it.

so yea... therefore - a state can create a market. that's why this Obama's plan to make Tennessee Promise initiative nationwide will work.

btw - when there is no market, there is no failure. how is there a failure if there's nothing to begin with? :confused: there will be a guaranteed failure if there is no multi-prong approach.

Back