Fox and Grapes Anotated

I'm so at a loss for words... or signs either.

I like the story so much because it reminds me of the past. When my own babies were little I would tell them stories. They still remember and love those stories. You are a wonderful storyteller.

Bucket, may I deviate a moment? You have such a sweet face, and your signing is graceful. Such good, kind words. Do you tell stories like this as well?

Jiro, I am wondering what story you would tell?

Bucket, may I deviate a moment? You have such a sweet face, and your signing is graceful. Such good, kind words. Do you tell stories like this as well?

:hug: Thank you for your beautiful comment. This just warms my heart!

I sign stories like this as they all come straight from my heart.

When my nieces and nephews bring their books to me to sign, I take the time to read before they go to bed so I can memorize the plot & characters. My youngest nephew loves bath time with Auntie Patty because this is where I tell bath time stories as well.

My youngest sister is expecting twin girls and they are due in Feb 2010. Already I am preparing myself for their arrival as I will get a nursing pillow for them to prop up/sit on so I can sign to them.

:hug: to you!!!

Jiro, I am wondering what story you would tell?

a funny story that happened to me couple days ago :lol: but I must practice it. I have to find signs for words that I will use

I wholeheartedly agree!!! Makes me wanna run to her and get some good Russian Bear hug!

When I sign, I sign from my heart.

I even did a vlog response to your vlog yesterday.

[yt]Wv0BRvo4o0I[/yt]

Please feel free to check my videos at YouTube - DBAdvocate

I just really can't think of anything nicer that has been said to me.

I am working on one right now "The Wolf and the Lamb" which means a lot to me. My problem is I can't seen to leave a story alone and tell it the way it was told to me. I keep changing them around.

In the newest version the lamb isn't just going down by the river, he is looking in the water and watching the fish swim around.

Bear hugs are great.

If it's any consultation...

Aesop's fables have underwent many changes over the ages, but still retain the original ideas. No need to be a perfectionist...

Your version is your interpretation of it. That's all. Loosen up, and just sign away.

If it's any consultation...

Aesop's fables have underwent many changes over the ages, but still retain the original ideas. No need to be a perfectionist...

Your version is your interpretation of it. That's all. Loosen up, and just sign away

You would almost think it would be that simple, but then the writer in me comes out. I think "Why is the lamb at the river?" because he wanted to see it. So then I start doing versions with baby fish and frogs in the water... Oh, and how about his reflection?

So now I've done it about 20 times, not counting the times I made stupid mistakes like forget to Sign Aesop right at the beginning...

So then I get to thinking how did he get off by himself to start with, so I think "Aha," she is engrossed in conversation with her friends and does not notice him leave, and he is engrossed in the water so he does not see the fox -- And if this story is used to teach ASL then the repetition of the sign will be good, and hey, and if I use the sign gossip about her then I can use it again when the wolf accuses the lamb.

I do the same thing when I write stories... and then a year later I'll think, "Gee it would have been better if I'd done it this way..."

And now I did something to my left shoulder messing with the pick up ... and I'm left handed.

Maybe I'll get it up tomorrow.

Back