Found

im not getting impatient with jeize. bots..
i like jeize,
Why? She absolutely is not Deaf.

That seems to be one of your usual criteria...

A) yep...
B) education is good for the soul
C) ah... emotions are key here I suppose... for they are the defining feature, yes?

To say you feel neither and both can leave anyone confused as to how you see yourself... at least it did for me, and since we are all unique individuals we are all permitted own own views...

I didn't say that. You misconstrued, or perhaps not read carefully from the start.
So, here are my quoted exact words:

Since I am not Deaf, not even 'deaf' ... I am certainly not Deaf - I do not belong to Deaf culture. I do not ASL.
I am not also 'deaf' because I am HoH, I communicate verbally.
I put on my HAs as soon as I wake up and take them off only after I am sure there will be no more communication
which is - late at night. in other words, I exist and live as a "hearie". a fake hearie, hearie nevertheless.
now: But I do feel deaf in many ways, Deaf even - the key word here is FEEL.

To be and to feel is two different things.

I do feel and understand despite HAS and verball communication I am really a deaf person.
I just learned how to exist in a hearing environment only, but I do distinctly recognize my being a lot different.
I also am distinctly aware others do not realize how different I am, and the degree of difficulty in communicating I have.
And like I mentioned previously, the common struggles and problems of the Deaf community are my own, too.
That makes me feel Deaf, too. doesn't make me officially one :)

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy, you're sounding like DrPhil who would not accept the fact that he is deaf with or without his CI.
My hearing loss is severe-to-profound. I wear power hearing aids and get along ok, though my speech discrimination is getting worse. I know, and accept, that I am deaf - late-deafened, but deaf nonetheless.
I will be evaluated next month for a CI. If I get one, I will still be deaf.

I didn't say that. You misconstrued, or perhaps not read carefully from the start.
So, here are my quoted exact words:

Since I am not Deaf, not even 'deaf' ... I am certainly not Deaf - I do not belong to Deaf culture. I do not ASL.
I am not also 'deaf' because I am HoH, I communicate verbally.
I put on my HAs as soon as I wake up and take them off only after I am sure there will be no more communication
which is - late at night. in other words, I exist and live as a "hearie". a fake hearie, hearie nevertheless.
now: But I do feel deaf in many ways, Deaf even - the key word here is FEEL.

To be and to feel is two different things.

I do feel and understand despite HAS and verball communication I am really a deaf person.
I just learned how to exist in a hearing environment only, but I do distinctly recognize my being a lot different.
I also am distinctly aware others do not realize how different I am, and the degree of difficulty in communicating I have.
And like I mentioned previously, the common struggles and problems of the Deaf community are my own, too.
That makes me feel Deaf, too. doesn't make me officially one :)

Fuzzy

Ah do belive I stated something in relation to this... do not feel like going in circles, but it is always good to know how you feel... you are who you want to be... cool

Ah do belive I stated something in relation to this... do not feel like going in circles, but it is always good to know how you feel... you are who you want to be... cool

and 'in circles' would be in relation to what?

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy, you're sounding like DrPhil who would not accept the fact that he is deaf with or without his CI.
My hearing loss is severe-to-profound. I wear power hearing aids and get along ok, though my speech discrimination is getting worse. I know, and accept, that I am deaf - late-deafened, but deaf nonetheless.
I will be evaluated next month for a CI. If I get one, I will still be deaf.

no one claims you wont

who according to you is in "denial"
what ever that means..
DrPhil for one. And based on earlier posts by AudioFuzzy, she seems to be. She sometimes "feels" deaf, but she also said she wasn't.

Back