Found a Stray Lab/Shepherd Mix!

LoudSilence

Reaction score
Hey guys! Well, my friend found a stray dog on her way to church, and her family said they couldn't keep it or even hold it. She said that she would call me because if I didn't take it, they would release it. So long story short, after much persuasion, I ended up with this guy. He is an unneutered male. All black, looks like a Shepherd/Lab mix. He is super sweet and stuff, but he does have fleas, Fleas freak me out... We call him Boo. He doesn't look too old, maybe 1-2 years. I will keep you guys updated and I will post more pictures later!

More pictures: Someone landed a nap in the garage!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Boo and Hershey(my other dog) didn't get along. Boo is now going to my grandparents neighbors. They are good people and know what they are doing. They are also looking for a dog, so if we don't find his owner, he will already be at his home.

That is a beautiful dog . I hope the people can keep him as black dogs are put down more than other dogs. And great job for helping the dog. I guess he had no collar with ID tag or a tag saying he is up dated on his rabies shots. That would be something to look into, see if he will to have any shots .

I guess that no one trained him and just let him run off. Looks like a very friendly dog. Thank you for saving a life!!!

so has this dog been neutered and defleaed yet?

Did you look at the classified "Lost pets" in newspapers and other stuffs like that posted at shopping plazas and such? It's possible that its owner wants it back. If you didn't see anything, give the dog a nice bath and have it checked by a vet just in case. It looks like it lost some weights.

What I know is that you have a good heart.

That is a beautiful dog . I hope the people can keep him as black dogs are put down more than other dogs. And great job for helping the dog. I guess he had no collar with ID tag or a tag saying he is up dated on his rabies shots. That would be something to look into, see if he will to have any shots .
Why?

I guess many people have a hard time taking pictures of black dogs or cats that can't be noticable and looking meaner. Or sometimes they think they are bad luck like scary superstitions. i know thats stupid.

black cats and dogs are often the last adopt out. :(

Frisky - yep, that's a problem...and people in general are more fearful of black dogs. Called "black dog syndrome".
I'm on a dog training forum and one of the people there is involved with this<called "Start Seeing Black Dogs">: What We Do

LoudSilence, I'm so glad you and your friend saved Boo:) Looks like he enjoyed the cool garage floor!

:wave:FF, no problem!
I'm very happy for you with your queenie kitty! I think black cats are quite beautiful:) how old?

:wave:FF, no problem!
I'm very happy for you with your queenie kitty! I think black cats are quite beautiful:) how old?

She's 2 yrs old. I adopted her last year and she was 11 months old at this time. She's a very affectionate kitty! However shes such a queenie in the house. She ordered the older male to get off the spot where they can sleep. :shock: her orginial name was queenie by the rescue. I like the name but my daughter wanted to change the name to Twilight. ( not related with the movie) Twilight means dark ...

Frisky - yep, that's a problem...and people in general are more fearful of black dogs. Called "black dog syndrome".
I'm on a dog training forum and one of the people there is involved with this<called "Start Seeing Black Dogs">: What We Do

LoudSilence, I'm so glad you and your friend saved Boo:) Looks like he enjoyed the cool garage floor!

My sister's black lab got picked up ACO in Berkeley, Calif. and my sister was told she had 5 day to get her dog . Her car was being worked on and she just moved to Calif. and did not know anyone withy a car. So she when to get her dog on the second day and her dog was put down already! It was horrible that they told her she had 5 days then killed her dog he very next day because he was a black lab . My daughter's has a black cat they got from a shelter and the people at the shelter said they do not like to let people adopt black cats around holidays, it was around Xmas when my daughter got the cat. I wanted to adopt a black dog but the one I picked out was not safe to have around children and the shelter said he was not a good pick me having a small grandchild.

i never heard of black dog syndrome i learn something today...
i think america good country but the animal laws and treatment leave alot to be desired

Back