Following your hands...

Yonsil

Reaction score
Wow...
When I first learned my language, it was quiet...a something.
My second language, English, however, was...agonizing (ENGLISH!!). Took me YEARS to maybe match up for grade 9 level and that was when I became grade 12.
No..I'm just exaggerating, but its always hard for me to learn a different language. ASL is same too. Its been only couple month, my course's been demanding, especially when it gets to "fingerspelling." Visual conception for me never been great. And to follow the hand movement as well as facial, body, and expression, its...really complex. Well, at least for me.

So, how is your experience as a child? Or as a learner of ASL?
I am trying to grasp through video and possibly and maybe...deaf culture involvement like Church of Deaf in my area...(in which, of course, I struggled to go because my heart has not been ready for couple weeks...)

i picked up on tactile sign pretty quickly -- especially pse and see. however, when it came to asl, while i was able to memorize the signs without any difficulty, i had alot of problems understanding its' grammatical rules. with practice, i improved and my asl comprehension increased from 10% during the first year i started learning asl to 95%.

It's rough going for me. I've been learning for about 2 years but i still feel very much like a beginner. I'm not a quick study so this asl business is a real struggle. Not to say i'm not enjoying it though. Oh and I hate fingerspelling too.

Back